Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel dc3217iye
CPU
I3 3217u Ivy Bridge
Graphics
Intel Hd 4000
Hi guys, I'm sorry to disturb you... i'm quite a noob, but starting from 0 i've been able to install Mojave on my Intel Nuc dc3217iye (i3 3217u, 8gb ram, 120gb Ssd). Intel HD4000 graphics works fine, Ethernet is ok, but i don't know how to set Audio (over hdmi)... before writing this post i've seen many posts, but some are old and some are... ehm, a bit difficult for me to understand. Anyone with my same hardware did it? Thank yo so much!

Thank you so much... i’ll try it out tomorrow, and will let you know ;)

Hi guys,
I'm still facing the same troubles as you. Here is what I could find out so far:
1 fresh install via unibeast (10.14.6)3.3.x
2 using multibeast for mojave (UEFI, FakeSMC, Mac mini 6,2 sys def (as it is the only option available and will be changed later), and AppleIntelE1000e v.3.3.6 for ethernet)
3 changed RTVariables using plistedit pro: BooterConfig 0x28 (was the same) AND: CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 (this was different (0x03)
4 removed multibeast setting Inject Intel YES to NO
- reboot
5 lost the nice resolution and second monitor BUT:
6 injecting lilu and whatevergreen kexts using hackintool (tools symbol and the second to last kext symbol on the right) and rebooting brought back
7 resolution and second monitor!
8 changed sys def to 6,1 as this is supposed to be the nicer massage for multipliers (don't ask - I don't understand this part)
9 injecting AppleALC.kext via hackintool brings the sound symbol back with the correct "understanding" of my monitor which is supposed the give me the nice HDMI audio - but still no sound
10 using hackintool and comparing it with the results of gfxutil I could confirm that the igpu is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) and the platform id should be (according to the Intel Framebuffer patching guide using whatevergreen) 0x0166000A (default anyway) (trying the get the "headless" thing airborne wrecked everything so I dropped further exploration of this path)
10 used clover configurator to get the siblings entry in Device>Properties>PciRootblablabla. The "Arbitrary" section gets the entries:
AAPL,ig-platform-id as DATA with the reversed platform-id in pairs as explained in the guide: 01 66 00 0A becomes 0A 00 66 01 (without the spaces of course)
second sibling is the starting sequence for the framebuffer patching:
framebuffer-patch-enable as DATA with the value 01 00 00 00 (without the spaces of course)

WHAT I SIMPLY DON'T UNDERSTAND:
02_Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 13.58.46.png

what does the device-id section/line in this guide have to do with it?
the next thing that drives me nuts is this:
03_Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 13.41.11.png

I looked the highlighted values up in the framebuffer patching guide and almost got insane trying to understand how to use hackintool's calculator to pull off the correct values. I could re-trace the steps other people made and understand how the data was computed - backwards! BUT: this doesn't help me how get the "stolen" fbmem" "cursor" etc. chosen and calculated because I don't know how what data to enter in the calculator.
Even more - the custom flag -igfdump doesn't produce the desired framebuffer debug/logfile so that I could compare it to the framebuffer values already provided in the guide.

I NEED HELP OVER HERE - please!!! I've really tried to do my homework - but this seems to be too hard. How could toleda "simply" provide a link to that guide and expect everyone to understand. I am ready and willing to learn - but there are too many gaps for me. Please help! TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back