ASUS Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I recently installed a GFX 1050 GPU. Since then Audio is not working after boot.
When I swap the HDMI and DP port cables during run (disconnect the one and change to the other one, does not matter which direction) the DP or HDMI Audio port is recognised and working.

So all Installation seem to be ok in principle but obviously it fails to load during startup but it will load later when triggered by the change of display connection.

Any ideas?

Regards,
David

Many Pascal users have DP audio on startup. HDMI hot plug after startup works for some users, see HDMI Audio AppleHDA/Post #1/VIII. Nvidia GeForce Graphics/1. Nvidia 10xx/9xx/7xx/6xx/5xx/4xx/1. 10xx/Nvidia web driver/Hot plug HDMI display ...

Confirm hot plug works with the same display connection as boot; switching display connections may not be necessary.

Hello toleda,

It does not matter what port I boot with. After boot there is no HDMI/DP Audio detected.
When I hot swap to the other port the system will correctly detect Audio.

Just disconnecting and re-connecting the same display connection is not working. I have to swap to the other port.

I have the same problem with my build. I have a Quadro P600 and if I want HDMI audio I have to hot plug to a different port to get HDMI audio. Audio from the MB ports work fine. I basically hot plug when I need HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back