Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first hackintosh, and I'm getting the hang of it - the only problems are audio, USB 3.0, and WiFi/BT 4.0 (Which came with the mobo). But audio is the #1 priority :headbang:

My system is running wonderfully except for those things aforementioned above - Sleep/wake, ethernet, USB 2.0, etc are all working just fine and dandy

From what I've learned, my Asus board doesn't have a DSDT, and I set up my hackintosh (OS X 10.8.2) with the UserDSDT selection in MultiBeast 5.2.0.

In S/L/E I have deleted HDAEnabler.kext, and tried the ALC898 (Without DSDT), repaired permissions and restarted with no results... I then tried the same process but with the various VoodooHDA kexts, but those caused kernel panics

So my question is this: I noticed there were some other kexts in S/L/E that reference audio such as AppleFWAudio.kext, AppleUSBAudio.kext, and AudioAUUC.kext - should I be deleting these as well to get audio working? My 5.1 surround sound system is hooked up to my TV, and I would ultimately like to have HDMI audio, but I'll take what I can get.

System specs in signature

Thanks,
-SF

From what I've learned, my Asus board doesn't have a DSDT, and I set up my hackintosh (OS X 10.8.2) with the UserDSDT selection in MultiBeast 5.2.0.

In S/L/E I have deleted HDAEnabler.kext, and tried the ALC898 (Without DSDT), repaired permissions and restarted with no results... I then tried the same process but with the various VoodooHDA kexts, but those caused kernel panics
Clarification: All Intel systems have a dsdt.

Don't delete any to the other audio kexts. Deleting HDAEnabler1.kext disables audio when there is no dsdt. Try MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC898. Make a screenshot of the MultiBeast selections and save for reference. Restart

If there is no audio, see ML: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

When 898 onboard audio is working, see
Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

Thanks for the quick feedback!

So I should leave the HDAEnabler1.kext and go through MultiBeast 5.2.1 and select everything I need to get my computer running again (especially the selection you pointed out)?

Is it necessary to repair permissions after each time I use MultiBeast?

Woohoo! I deleted HDAEnabler1.kext, ran through MultiBeast 5.2.1, restarted (without repairing permissions), and selected "headphones" in System Preferences - the other options in the menu were Line Out, Line Out (there's 2 I guess), and Digital Out...

Now I'm off to get that HDMI audio working! From what I understand, this will entail extracting the dsdt.aml from the BIOS and editing some lines to enable HDMI audio, correct?

Thanks, toleda! It's very much appreciated! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back