Contribute
Register

Audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got NVidia driver software installed? Not compatible with Big Sur. Your GT710 should be native.

What was wrong with AppleALC.kext?

I don't have driver software installed, and what do you mean wrong with appleALC
you need to make sure you are using the correct layout ID:

I deleted the program and now I can edit my sound level and input, but I don't have the right inputs and outputs. These are the two outputs that also show in the tab input
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 16.15.43.png

I deleted the program and now I can edit my sound level and input, but I don't have the right inputs and outputs. These are the two outputs that also show in the tab inputView attachment 517232

This don't look like built-in audio.

I don't know what program you have deleted.

I think you should check out this build:

With this one - which I assume must be very similar to yours - the builder used AppleALC.kext along with Audio ID = 1

Hope that helps.

This don't look like built-in audio.

I don't know what program you have deleted.

I think you should check out this build:

With this one - which I assume must be very similar to yours - the builder used AppleALC.kext along with Audio ID = 1

Hope that helps.
That still doesn't work, and I forgot to say I use external headphone jack speakers

That still doesn't work, and I forgot to say I use external headphone jack speakers

Why doesn't anything work? Is your machine a modified one of some kind?

The guide explains which kext to use.

AppleALC.kext needs a correct layout to route the sound to the correct output port. There are usually several to try.

Just saying something "doesn't work" with no more detail fails to give us any information to work with.

Sorry I couldn't help.

I fixed it. I also was running out of ideas on what to do, so I thought maybe it will work if I just hook up a cdmi display and that worked! Thanks for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back