Contribute
Register

Audio not working - unsupported HDEF device

Status
Not open for further replies.
@the-braveknight i think that the patch from your repo seems to have such issues.
I had similar cases with my CX20751/2 audio codec (which is 100% same as your Lenovo Z50) on my Lenovo V330-15IKB.
Whenever i changed layout id on .plist files on Resources folder, the audio never worked, it only used to work with LayoutID 3 as you set it.

So what i did is created new LayoutID2.plist & Platforms.plist files from scratch based on codec dump which is still exact as mine and yours and what i changed is i created the injector by @RehabMan and i use the Injector.kext with HdaConfigDefault in the kext, not the one that you add it on SSDT-HDEF.

That way i can use any layout id, have no issues, also i can confirm that i don't need that menubar fix patch on KextstoPatch section, audio adjusts just fine.

So if you wanna still try out, try the patch_hda.sh from @RehabMan and use the created kexts that has the HdaConfigDefaults on the kext itself and see if you manage to make it work with layoutid2 as well (although as long as it works, it's not important which layout ID you choose).

@the-braveknight i think that the patch from your repo seems to have such issues.
What patch are you exactly referring to?

I had similar cases with my CX20751/2 audio codec (which is 100% same as your Lenovo Z50) on my Lenovo V330-15IKB.
Whenever i changed layout id on .plist files on Resources folder, the audio never worked, it only used to work with LayoutID 3 as you set it.

So what i did is created new LayoutID2.plist & Platforms.plist files from scratch based on codec dump which is still exact as mine and yours and what i changed is i created the injector by @RehabMan and i use the Injector.kext with HdaConfigDefault in the kext, not the one that you add it on SSDT-HDEF.
That’s what I did. I patched AppleHDA from scratch myself and used Mirone’s ALC235 as the base and tweaked it a bit. But I still couldn’t get the audio to work. Also, I don’t know what you mean by injecting HdaConfigDefault in the kext. Can you clarify?
If you’re referring to the PinConfigs, they’re indeed being injected by the injector kext. There is no way to inject them via ACPI (SSDT-HDEF).

That way i can use any layout id, have no issues, also i can confirm that i don't need that menubar fix patch on KextstoPatch section, audio adjusts just fine.

So if you wanna still try out, try the patch_hda.sh from @RehabMan and use the created kexts that has the HdaConfigDefaults on the kext itself and see if you manage to make it work with layoutid2 as well (although as long as it works, it's not important which layout ID you choose).

So your speaker sound level in the menu bar icon stays in sync as you press the volume up/down keys? Without that patch?

What patch are you exactly referring to?
Either the script or something, until i tried Rehabman files from his fork of Lenovo Z50 Repo i had no audio on other layouts than 3.
That’s what I did. I patched AppleHDA from scratch myself and used Mirone’s ALC235 as the base and tweaked it a bit. But I still couldn’t get the audio to work. Also, I don’t know what you mean by injecting HdaConfigDefault in the kext. Can you clarify?
If you’re referring to the PinConfigs, they’re indeed being injected by the injector kext. There is no way to inject them via ACPI (SSDT-HDEF).
For example on your CX20751 audio injector created by the dummy, pinconfigs, layoutID, codec ID, doesn't seem to be present on the info.plist of the kext, i saw that they are on the SSDT-HDEF.
What i use is the version where all of these are on the injector kext.
So your speaker sound level in the menu bar icon stays in sync as you press the volume up/down keys? Without that patch?
Well now i understood the exact problem, thought the issue is that audio doesn't increase when you touch vol buttons, about in sync with menu bar, i just noticed it, so yes it is present.

Will try to experiment with the patch a bit and see if i can fix the need for that patch.

Anyway here is the audio folder that i created to create new injector for myself, based on your & Rehabman files and modified for my needs.

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    36 KB · Views: 81
Either the script or something, until i tried Rehabman files from his fork of Lenovo Z50 Repo i had no audio on other layouts than 3.

For example on your CX20751 audio injector created by the dummy, pinconfigs, layoutID, codec ID, doesn't seem to be present on the info.plist of the kext, i saw that they are on the SSDT-HDEF.
What i use is the version where all of these are on the injector kext.

Well now i understood the exact problem, thought the issue is that audio doesn't increase when you touch vol buttons, about in sync with menu bar, i just noticed it, so yes it is present.

Will try to experiment with the patch a bit and see if i can fix the need for that patch.

Anyway here is the audio folder that i created to create new injector for myself, based on your & Rehabman files and modified for my needs.
With my old Z50, I had layout2 working well on Mojave and High Sierra using the latest Lenovo-X50-macOS repo scripts.

Also, the latest repo files (the Z50 and Y520) do inject all the necessary info via the kext's Info.plist, but layout2 still doesn't work on my Y520.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 3.23.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 3.23.34 PM.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back