Contribute
Register

Audio not working - unsupported HDEF device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks ok. You tested on Sierra or High Sierra?
Actually no. Might be something to do with Clover's KextsToPatch feature (framebuffer patching is broken already)? Is there a way to download High Sierra on Mojave? Because I can't find it in the App Store and/or the Purchases tab...

Actually no. Might be something to do with Clover's KextsToPatch feature (framebuffer patching is broken already)? Is there a way to download High Sierra on Mojave? Because I can't find it in the App Store and/or the Purchases tab...

Working backlight control proves Clover KextsToPatch is working.

Maybe you should just use an archive of 10.13.6 you already have instead of downloading fresh.

Working backlight control proves Clover KextsToPatch is working.
That is really weird. I don't understand how/why AppleALC works but the regular injector doesn't...

Maybe you should just use an archive of 10.13.6 you already have instead of downloading fresh.
I'm afraid I don't have one. Any ideas what my options are?

Maybe you have another machine that already has 10.13.x installed...
From there, you can simply download it from the Mac App Store.
Turns out I have saved a copy of High Sierra that I have downloaded from Mac App Store a while ago... I installed High Sierra and the problem is still there... the audio still doesn't work with the injector kext. It works with AppleALC so I used the debug version of AppleALC and dumped the log. I'm attaching the logs I captured with my new PR files.

Attachments

• debug_8943.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • ALCDebug.log.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 57
Turns out I have saved a copy of High Sierra that I have downloaded from Mac App Store a while ago... I installed High Sierra and the problem is still there... the audio still doesn't work with the injector kext. It works with AppleALC so I used the debug version of AppleALC and dumped the log. I'm attaching the logs I captured with my new PR files.

You might check that you have the correct patches for AppleHDA with regard to your codec (KextsToPatch entries).

You might check that you have the correct patches for AppleHDA with regard to your codec (KextsToPatch entries).
I did make sure. I took them from AppleHDAPatcher.
Also, I looked at user @raff's PR files, he has Lenovo Y720 which is very similar to my own laptop and has the same audio codec as mine. He got his audio working by using AppleHDAPatcher.app generated aDummyHDA.kext. I am attaching his PR files maybe you can compare both our files?

Note: My latest PR files is in post #25.

Attachments

• raff-Y720.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
I did make sure. I took them from AppleHDAPatcher.

Compare to the patches that AppleALC is applying.

Also, I looked at user @raff's PR files, he has Lenovo Y720 which is very similar to my own laptop and has the same audio codec as mine. He got his audio working by using AppleHDAPatcher.app generated aDummyHDA.kext. I am attaching his PR files maybe you can compare both our files?

Note: My latest PR files is in post #25.

It seems there are a lot more "zero codec" patches there than you have.

I checked, AppleALC is not well documented so I'll just add all the patches it applies to my config.plist and see what happens.

In both my and @raff's config.plist files; there are 3 "zero-codec" + 1 patch, which means there are 4 patches in total in both our config.plist files.

I added all the patches done by AppleALC (for ALC235) to my config.plist). Still no audio.

Attachments

• debug_15065.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back