Contribute
Register

audio not working (alc 892)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah now i understand.. from it you guys can see the problem and help me!

@Toleda: i did exactly what you said me, here i put the file of my io registry! I hope we will solve it! thanks guys

Attachments

• IO Kevin.zip
    502.5 KB · Views: 58
If it can help when i go in system preferences/audio before i installed alc892 codec i only saw "selected audio output", now after alc892 codec installation i can see 4 outputs. But no one works! i wait your response :)

If it can help when i go in system preferences/audio before i installed alc892 codec i only saw "selected audio output", now after alc892 codec installation i can see 4 outputs. But no one works! i wait your response :)
Do you do the fresh install with this IOReg? It there a S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext installed? How are you checking for sound?

Do you do the fresh install with this IOReg? It there a S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext installed? How are you checking for sound?

Yes i did what you told me. Fresh install, multi beast, reboot, withouth dsdt alc892, reboot, ioregistry. And no there are not alc8xxxhda in s/l/e. I checked for sound going in system preferences (on the right side down of the screen, in the dock :D ) then select sound, and in the middle there is "riproduce audio effects with" and there are that 4 choices i told you, internal speakers, exit, exit, and digital exit. I hope you understand my english :D if someone isnt clear just tell me and ill try to explain better! thank you dude

I may be wrong but maybe he was looking for HDAEnabler892.kext in your S/L/E

I checked for sound going in system preferences (on the right side down of the screen, in the dock :D ) then select sound, and in the middle there is "riproduce audio effects with" and there are that 4 choices i told you, internal speakers, exit, exit, and digital exit.
What is connected to your green motherboard audio port? Is there anything connected to any of the other motherboard audio ports?

Nothing in all ports. Im using the hdmi cable. Months ago i got lion perfectly working on this pc (audio worked too) and hdmi cable seemed the best choice so now im using it since tonymac says that it is the most compatible choice. All audio ports are empty, im using the hdmi cable (connected to my 6870), 2 usb ports (one for keyboard, one for mouse), ethernet port and nothing more.

I may be wrong but maybe he was looking for HDAEnabler892.kext in your S/L/E

Yes in S/L/E there is HDAEnabler892 kext :)

I updated my bios from F2 version to F4. Anyway audio still not work :S

Yes i did what you told me. Fresh install, multi beast, reboot, withouth dsdt alc892, reboot, ioregistry. And no there are not alc8xxxhda in s/l/e. I checked for sound going in system preferences (on the right side down of the screen, in the dock :D ) then select sound, and in the middle there is "riproduce audio effects with" and there are that 4 choices i told you, internal speakers, exit, exit, and digital exit. I hope you understand my english :D if someone isnt clear just tell me and ill try to explain better! thank you dude
Are you kidding? You say you have no audio. When asked what is plugged in, your answer "Nothing in all ports." Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back