Contribute
Register

Audio not Working after Sleep - Yosemite, Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
My board Z97X uses ALC1150 at first I was loosing audio after sleep, then I start digging after sleep and found that by default the sound output is routed by Internal Speakers "Built-in" I just changed to the third option (screenshot attached) and now sound works.

I'm running 10.10.1 btw.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 7.22.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 7.22.53 PM.png
    71 KB · Views: 635
My board Z97X uses ALC1150 at first I was loosing audio after sleep, then I start digging after sleep and found that by default the sound output is routed by Internal Speakers "Built-in" I just changed to the third option (screenshot attached) and now sound works.

I'm running 10.10.1 btw.

which option were you using first? I am using first lineout. I will try second.

which option were you using first? I am using first lineout. I will try second.

On my screenshot i was using the first option "Internal Speakers" "Built-in" that is what it was by default, Sure that option is way louder. But with that one i don't have sound after sleep.

I'm running 10.10.1 btw.

Hello, now I wake from sleep and no any sound. I tried your way to switch to the third option from Built-in, but still no any sound.

Z97X-UD3H.

Hello, now I wake from sleep and no any sound. I tried your way to switch to the third option from Built-in, but still no any sound.

Z97X-UD3H.

You may need to move the audio plug in to the opposite color (green / black) on the motherboard.

You may need to move the audio plug in to the opposite color (green / black) on the motherboard.
@xnaron Hi buddy. I have tried the black port, and there was sound after sleep. However, the sound would still get disappeared after I switched from one music player to another. For instance, when changing from Xiami music player to Pandora radio, sound lost immediately after the switch.I searched this forum and the issue seems to be a native problem related to Apple's appleHDA.kext itself.Regards

This something to try. Note that I am on 10.9.4 and not on Clover. I consider this a temp fix at best and I can speak to 10.10+ but it’s something that works for me when audio breaks. Note also that I use ALC892 with the optional “Port Audio Enabler” available in Multibeast 6.2.1 for OSX 10.9.2. This is because "Multibeast" ALC892 installs are DOA for 10.9.3 and 10.9.4...

This temp fix is similar to what has been mentioned in earlier thread posts. It essentially resets the audio without a reboot by taking advantage of the cache. If your audio was working before sleep this might work. If audio was NOT working before sleep this routine will NOT bring it back.

To do this manually, drag the AppleHDA.kext file OUT of the extensions folder to another location. Next, move the file BACK to the Extensions folder… That’s it. I only rename the moved file to make it unique.

I wrote a script to do this. Your admin password is required when the script runs. This script temporally moves/renames the AppleHDA.kext to your user folder. It then moves it back to your Extensions folder renaming it AppleHDA.kext again. After about 10-15 seconds you should hear a little pop and the audio starts to work. Copy/paste the following to an apple script and run.

#copy
tell application "Terminal"
activate
do shell script "mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext ~/AppleHDA2.kext" with administrator privileges
do shell script "mv ~/AppleHDA2.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext" with administrator privileges
end tell
#end copy

You can also try moving the AppleHDA.kext to trash. Enter your password. Then immediately clicking the file “Put Back”. Enter your password. In my experience this works too but takes more time.

If I reset AppleHDA.kext, all sound outputs in System Preferences disappear. The only option I have right now is to restart the Hackintosh to get sound back after sleep. This is really annoying. Please help!

Changed from Mac pro to iMac SMBIOS and the problem is fixed. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back