Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Audio not Working after Sleep - Yosemite, Clover

Hello,
Which kext should I unload and load after sleep to make the audio work after waking from sleep?
I am using a Clover audio patch from Toleda (audio_CloverALC). I am using a Realtek ALC892 sound chip.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I also used Toleda's guide for Clover and Yosemite and it worked fine but every time I wake up from sleep I have no sound until i restart.

After wading through many pages of the guide fixing thread, I saw that he was going to start a thread for fixing that soon. Maybe that can be here?

I've got my IOReg with sound and without as well as a Console Log of having no sound, restarting, and then having sound, that I can upload here if anyone will look at it.

Hmm...We may not able to fix this problem?

Off topic. No audio after sleep is a documented native AppleHDA.kext problem.

Native AppleHDA.kext problem means native hardware has the problem, see Apple Forums. The 10.9.2 sleep fix broke wake audio on some non native systems. Another fix is unlikely.

Does this mean nobody has this working?

Well, its not exactly the fix I was looking for but it works for me for now.

https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases/tag/v1.6.0

If you use this app it basically just automatically resets the appleHDA.kext each time you wake from sleep. but you can set it to do everything automatically and hidden so it basically feels like its working. maybe not as nice as not needing an app, but it works for now!

I forgot to mention that I do have a habit of resetting the AppleHDA kext by unloading and loading in the terminal after waking from sleep in Mavericks. For some reason, the audio still doesn't work after doing that in Yosemite. I tried using the AppleHDAReset app but unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

Resetting worked for me with Yosemite initial release, but since 10.10.1 it no longer works. I hope there is a solution soon. This is the only issue keeping me from a 100% working hackingtosh.

Still hoping for a solution for loss of audio after sleep. Z97X board with ALC1150, clover and Toleda's on-the-fly kext patching, Yosemite 10.10.1

Reset Audio script 1.6.0 does not re-enable audio. Kextunload from terminal reports the following:

Can't unload kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; classes have instances:
(kernel) Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA class AppleHDAStream has 1 instance.
Failed to unload com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload).

I had the same issue. I switched the system definition to imac->imac 14,2 (which was close to my hardware) Now I get sound after sleep.

Might consider changing from Mac Pro 4,1 system definition but worried in case it locks out iMessage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back