evga gtx 960 ssc ac 2.0+
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
(SOLVED) audio noise and crack focusrite 18i8 yosemite

hello there, i have a problem with my focusrite 18i8 (usb). It's sound ok for a while, but after some minutes strange noises comes out from speaker, like distortion. I have to turn off and on the soundcard. i'm on yosemite 10.10.3

(SOLVED) audio noise and crack focusrite 18i8 yosemite

SOLVED!!! I enabled the vitual machine from bios and then I followed this guide https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/858240-focusrite-scarlett-2i2-weird-clicking-noise-mac.html

That's the problem with hackintoshes. When you run into issues you assume it's the hackintosh config when it fact it was a driver issue by the manufacturer (which would occur even on a genuine mac).

I might not be a hackintosh expert, but I'm really good with audio interfaces. Distortion often occurs when USB is not communicating with the interface properly, or the driver is crappy.

Try different USB ports, or borrow another interface and try it (particularly something that is "class compliant" i.e. doesn't need any drivers).

nope. just get distortion back when i play a song i iTunes:evil::evil::evil::evil:

I might not be a hackintosh expert, but I'm really good with audio interfaces. Distortion often occurs when USB is not communicating with the interface properly, or the driver is crappy.

Try different USB ports, or borrow another interface and try it (particularly something that is "class compliant" i.e. doesn't need any drivers).

Gorelander, are you suggesting you have specific experience with the Focusrite products not working well on Macs?

To clear up any possible confusion for other readers trying to debug the Focusrite 18i8, I think Gorelander may be mistaken. I have a MacBook Pro Retina Early 2013 15" and the Focusrite 18i8 has absolutely no drops whatsoever running all day at 192Khz 24bit. However, but a brand-new Hackintosh Skylake 4.1Khz Intel Quad Core with 6Gb GPU, 1Kw PSU and 64Gb of ram, has drop-outs (distortion) after about 20 minutes.

The Focusrite 18i8 does have Class Compliant drivers. The Class Compliant drivers do not effect how soon (or how much) the audio drops out. You can find the Class Compliant drivers for the Focusrite 18i8 here: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en...arlett-Interface-on-OS-X-10-9-10-10-and-10-11

Also worth noting: I have followed the relevant Hackintosh guides to setup the USBs for my motherboard. I have tried the Focusrite 18i8 device on the following ports: USB2 only, USB3 only, USB-priority (ports registered for internal connections like Wifi/Bluetooth), USB2/USB3, USB 3.0 external card, USB3.1 external card. There appear to be no differences in the operation of the Focusrite 18i8 on any of these ports.

Nope I didn't say in any way the 18i8 doesn't work well with Macs, just giving people general suggestions with those having issue with audio distortion via USB interfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back