Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi.

I just upgraded my Hackintosh and am pretty happy with it, stable all the way. This are the new specs.

MSI Z170A Gamer 7 (latest Bios)
I7 6700 CPU (audio codec Realtek ALC1150)
64GB Kingston Hyper-Fury DDR4 2133QC RAM
ASUS GTX 980 Poseidon 4gb GPU (reused)
OSX Sierra 10.12.3

In Clover under "devices" I have autio set to Detect and AFGLowPowerState checked (dont know what the last part really does).
I´m uncertain if any of the checkboxes under Acpi does anything for audio...

I used VoodooHDA 2.8.9 (v6) to get audio working, it was painless and easy. I get clean audio but the problem is that its very very low. I have external speakers (2.1) hooked up to line-in (black rear) and I have headphones (green front). I get same level on both and like I mentioned, its looow.

I have tried via info.plist to set "halfvolumemix" to true, but left all others as they are since I dont know what the other parameters effect and if I risk distorting the audio. It only bumped the audio op I tiny bit.. not enough to reach native level (if that even is a term that can be used for 1:1 level of audio). I work with video editing so its important that the audio is as "true" as possible and not artificially gained to a point where the work I send out is not the way I intended.

Can anyone help me since I have hit a brick wall with my knowledge of this subject?

Last edited:
Hello, same problem here on a MSI H170 Gaming m3
I don't know why after i updated to the last Mac OS version at first boot audio gets back to 100% volume
Then it came back to be extremely low
What you said about halfvolumemix? Which plist should i edit?
It seems it's a very common problem on MSI motherboard
I have found 2 fixes:
1) Remove Realtek Audio Drivers on Windows if you have a dual boot system
2) Try https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander

EDIT: I resolved removing Realtek Audio Drivers on Windows

Last edited:
okey.. that´s interesting. I do have windows on a separate SSD so I´m going to uninstall there to se if this helps. But wont that leave windows without audio? Not that I care that much, I only use it for incompatibility issues that sometimes pop up.

About the info.plist, you find it when right-clicking on the voodoohda.kext and ask for "show content", there in a folder you find it.

Last edited:
That actually worked!! Thanks a lot Matty. One of the weirder fixes I have had to make. Hopefully somebody can figure out why this is happening.

Ah ok you meant voodoohda, anyway i have applealc
Yeah strange solution.. boh, but we solved :D

I also encounted the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back