Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Inspiron 11 3153
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
HD 520
Upgraded to Mojave, no sound. Updated to most recent AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in L/E/, injected layout 3 in config.plist for Conexant CX20722. Audio device shows, Mic works, volume can be turned up and down but not getting any sound from the speakers.

Attachments

• debug_20130.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 98
Upgraded to Mojave, no sound. Updated to most recent AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in L/E/, injected layout 3 in config.plist for Conexant CX20722. Audio device shows, Mic works, volume can be turned up and down but not getting any sound from the speakers.

Your ioreg shows audio working (check in SysPrefs->Sound), so you're reporting just no sound from speakers?

Try with CodecCommander.kext (because it may be EAPD issue).

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your ioreg shows audio working (check in SysPrefs->Sound), so you're reporting just no sound from speakers?

Try with CodecCommander.kext (because it may be EAPD issue).

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Yes, thats right. No sound from speakers, but everything else indicates audio is fine. Added CodecCommander.kext and no changes. PR files are with CodecCommander.kext added. Headphones plugged in do output sound, just not internal speakers.

Yes, I know I need to clean up some of my kexts and will do that as soon as i get audio sorted out.

Attachments

• debug_2179.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 42
Yes, thats right. No sound from speakers, but everything else indicates audio is fine. Added CodecCommander.kext and no changes. PR files are with CodecCommander.kext added. Headphones plugged in do output sound, just not internal speakers.

Yes, I know I need to clean up some of my kexts and will do that as soon as i get audio sorted out.

Why do you have duplicate kexts /L/E and /S/L/E?
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc97ef39890 [0x7fff931d28e0]> { URL = "Shiki.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Shiki" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc97ec9b480 [0x7fff931d28e0]> { URL = "Shiki.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Shiki" }

Also, Shiki.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (and other related kexts) are deprecated... replaced with WhateverGreen.kext.
AppleBackightInjector.kext deprecated replaced with AppleBacklightFixup.kext.

Also, NullEthernetInjector.kext is not for your scenario (you have RMNE).

Your kexts are installed to the wrong location. Should be /L/E, not /S/L/E. Refer to the FAQ.

Why do you have duplicate kexts /L/E and /S/L/E?
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc97ef39890 [0x7fff931d28e0]> { URL = "Shiki.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Shiki" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc97ec9b480 [0x7fff931d28e0]> { URL = "Shiki.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Shiki" }

Also, Shiki.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (and other related kexts) are deprecated... replaced with WhateverGreen.kext.
AppleBackightInjector.kext deprecated replaced with AppleBacklightFixup.kext.

Also, NullEthernetInjector.kext is not for your scenario (you have RMNE).

Your kexts are installed to the wrong location. Should be /L/E, not /S/L/E. Refer to the FAQ.
Ok, ill start working on fixing these. Will these have an effect on audio output? It worked fine in High Sierra if it makes any difference.

I have no ability to predict the future.

Attach PR files from High Sierra.
Dont have anything new from High Sierra, but ive attached PR files from High Sierra thats a couple months old at most. Audio was working fine in those. Its the file debug_4582.zip.

Made the changes to the kexts you said were not needed or needed newer/different kexts. No changes to audio output. Thats on file debug_5373.zip.

Attachments

• debug_4582.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 58
  • debug_5373.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 48
Dont have anything new from High Sierra, but ive attached PR files from High Sierra thats a couple months old at most. Audio was working fine in those. Its the file debug_4582.zip.

Made the changes to the kexts you said were not needed or needed newer/different kexts. No changes to audio output. Thats on file debug_5373.zip.

I still see Shiki.kext in your kextcache output.

Main difference between the two is different version of AppleALC.
Try new AppleALC on High Sierra for comparison.

I still see Shiki.kext in your kextcache output.

Main difference between the two is different version of AppleALC.
Try new AppleALC on High Sierra for comparison.
Crap, removing Shiki.kext now. Dont have a High Sierra partition anymore, Mojave replaced it so I cant try AppleALC on High Sierra. Will report back with new PR files if removing Shiki.kext doesnt do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back