Motherboard
Intel NUC6i7KYK
CPU
Intel i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Intel Iris Pro 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, everyone! I've recently built my new Hackintosh following RehabMan's guide to a T (found here) for getting my NUC6i7KYK on High Sierra. Everything seems to be working beautifully, but I'm having a peculiar issue.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for recording, and it works fantastic in both of my Windows environments, and similarly haven't had any issues with my friend's Macbook Pro running Sierra. We've used various DAWs for this interface, including FL Studio on Windows and Reaper on OS X / macOS. I believe the issue I'm running into is with Cubase 6.

I use Cubase 6 for a lot of projects, and it's crucial to a lot of my music production. Building this new Hackintosh, I was hoping to fully make the switch from Windows to Mac, but I've stumbled into an issue with recording.

The DAW works absolutely perfect in playback. It handles my plugins flawlessly. But the big problem is my input audio coming from the Scarlett (or any other audio interface) is LOUD and COMPLETELY distorted. Even with nothing plugged into the front, it emits a high-frequency static that maxes out the input level threshold. Bottom line, it's unusable. I experienced the exact same issue on a previous Hackintosh running Yosemite, however I was convinced this issue was due to the audio drivers I was forced to use.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? And if not, does anyone have any tips on how to track down what the issue may be?