Gigabyte Z170x Designare
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I recently got Sierra working on my new Hackintosh. I installed the ALC1150 and 100 series audio drivers through MultiBeast. The Audio out works but I have no input (I make a lot of Skype / Hangout calls).

A weird observation - When I play some video, and I look in the Settings -> Sound -> Input, the input level shows signals when the video has sound. Basically, my system is taking my Out system as Input (Maybe this has got to do with me using a headphone with a splitter to plug into Line in and out?)

Hi,

I recently got Sierra working on my new Hackintosh. I installed the ALC1150 and 100 series audio drivers through MultiBeast. The Audio out works but I have no input (I make a lot of Skype / Hangout calls).

A weird observation - When I play some video, and I look in the Settings -> Sound -> Input, the input level shows signals when the video has sound. Basically, my system is taking my Out system as Input (Maybe this has got to do with me using a headphone with a splitter to plug into Line in and out?)

Hello! I have the same configuration and the same problem with the microphone.

Fail, remove.
The headset connector is shorting one of the L/R output channels to mic input channel. Identify TRRS pinout from manufacturer datasheet and purchase appropriate splitter from headset TRRS to stereo TRS (output) and mono TS (mic) jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back