Audio help Please!!!!Z77x-ud5h

Status
Not open for further replies.
DR.DAC2 DX USB & BOSE M3
is perfect for me.

Use the F8 BIOS update

NON-DSDT
In Multi-Beast ONLY select

(Trash the AppleHDA.kext and any other ALC8xxxHDA.kext if needed)

-System Utilities
-PatchedHDA for 898
-Non-DSDT Enabler for 898

I have the green port working perfect! Same with orange and black.
Be sure to change to the second "line out" option in sounds preferences. (not internal speakers)
Thanks for the clarification. The Patched 898 AppleHDA is set up as follows:
Internal Speakers - green port motherboard
Line Out (1st) - orange port motherboard
Line Out (2nd) - black port motherboard

If I understand correctly, when you:
1. select Internal Speakers, you get nothing on the green port
2. select Line Out (2nd), you get sound on the green port
3. select Line Out (1st), you get sound on the orange port
4. select Line Out (2nd), you get sound on the black port

Please verify you have sound on both the green and black ports when the second Line Out is selected.

Thanks for the clarification. The Patched 898 AppleHDA is set up as follows:
Internal Speakers - green port motherboard
Line Out (1st) - orange port motherboard
Line Out (2nd) - black port motherboard

If I understand correctly, when you:
1. select Internal Speakers, you get nothing on the green port
2. select Line Out (2nd), you get sound on the green port
3. select Line Out (1st), you get sound on the orange port
4. select Line Out (2nd), you get sound on the black port

Please verify you have sound on both the green and black ports when the second Line Out is selected.

EDIT:

I can confirm I have sound with only the black port and orange. The green port does not work. Sorry for the confusion toleda.

Use the F8 BIOS update

NON-DSDT
In Multi-Beast ONLY select

(Trash the AppleHDA.kext and any other ALC8xxxHDA.kext if needed)

-System Utilities
-PatchedHDA for 898
-Non-DSDT Enabler for 898

EDIT:
ONLY works with orange and black.
Be sure to change to the first "line out" option in sounds preferences. (not internal speakers)

Thanks, I have just spent an hour trying to make the green port work with this method.

I am going to try a few other things though.

Anyone want to try updating this for Multibeast 5.0.X?

Was also wondering how I can flash the bios to F8? I'm only finding exe's on the Gigabyte site.

Anyone want to try updating this for Multibeast 5.0.X?

Was also wondering how I can flash the bios to F8? I'm only finding exe's on the Gigabyte site.

Use a simple extractor from the App Store (free) called "Unarchiver" to extract the .exe to get the BIOS file.

Format the flash drive as FAT-32.

I want to make my own Hackintosh But I'm Afraid about it
I have the Same motherboard GA-Z77x-UD5h With wifi & BT, Dual 500GB HDD and 16GB Ram and without Graphic Card not yet I'll soon
I need the Guiad to Install and which way should I try to install by Burn it On DVD or by USB Flash Drive ?
and about the driver to install the Lion or M. Lion ?!!!!

1. Please don't hijack a thread. Start your own post detailing what issues you are having.
2. Follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
3. When you encounter problems, be specific about what you are doing and what is not working.

EDIT:
ONLY the orange and black ports work......As stated by others. Sorry for any confusion toleda.

Hey - I've got the GA-X79-UD5. Up until yesterday I've been using an AudioBox USB for sound - but just standard left and right. I've installed the non-DSDT 898 kext and it shows up just fine with the Line Out listed twice and such.

No having any output at all save a single pop and silence, I came here to see what was up. Just so that I understand correctly, even if I get the card working at its maximum capacity with these drivers, will I *still* be limited to just 2 outputs each with 2 channels (R/L)? Meaning, the output can't be set to Orange *and* Black, but only one of those? Or have I just misread problems others were having?

My 5.1 setup has an optical digital which I'll try in just a minute, but I wanted to make sure I understood what limitations I have. If someone could verify that for me I'd appreciate it.

t

Sorry to reply to myself, but as I just wrote, I connected the optical out to my system. The system actually tells me there is no optical data, and of course, there is no sound at all. So in short, nothing works on the 898 sound card (built-in).

Thoughts?

t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back