Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I did this right for you. See attached files, and I am going to Thank you again for your time. I did this several ways after booting with all ACPI fixes disabled. I attached my new config. Once all ACPI fixes were disabled the following were successful: ( I attached each DSDT and table set)

Clean Compile (2) - add P0P2

Clean Compile (2) - add P0P2 - ami NVIDIA A1

Clean compile - add pop2 - ami nvidia a1

clean compile - ami nvidia a1

Is there a specific version of the above that I should go with seeing that they are all working?

Will there be any consequences to disabling the ACPI fixes that were originally active? (So far I have seen none, machine boots fine etc.)

Attachments

• DSDTS & TABLESETS.zip
    272.6 KB · Views: 75
Is there a specific version of the above that I should go with seeing that they are all working?
Will there be any consequences to disabling the ACPI fixes that were originally active?
Clean Compile P0P2 NVIDIA A1 folder has the only correctly edited dsdt
No need to apply Clean_Compile twice, P0P2 (w/ssdt/PEG0) is required
The proper patches are:

1. AMI-Clean_Compile-8series
  2. AMI-add_dsdt/PCI0/P0P2 (w/ssdt/PEG0)
  3. AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1
Compiling is one hurdle, working is another.
Clover dsdt fixes can be used to address specific dsdt issues. There is no situation where all fixes are required.

Dear Toleda,

I've - I guess - a small step missed enabling HDMI on my TV. So problem reporting looks like this :

1. Description of HDMI audio problem : No HDMI device present in sound panel
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics :OS X 10.10.1 (fresh install) GA-Z97 SOC FORCE, F6, 16gb RAM, IGFX disabled, GTX 980 in first Pcie, everything work fine, Cable : 2x DP to HDMI (to small and larger Samsung TV)
  3. Procedure/Guide Used https: //github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC enabling AC1150 - WORKED and https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI enabling HDMI - not worked fully (DPCI manager shows positive tendency :)
  4. ioreg : attached
  5. console and clover boot.log : attached
  6. APPLEHDA.kext :attached
  7. DPCIMANAGER boot log : attached
  8. DSDT : NO
  9. SSDT : Attached (with its used name)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the HELP.

Br. PETKO166

Attachments

• Peter’s iMac.ioreg
    9.8 MB · Views: 90
  • All Messages.log
    115.4 KB · Views: 84
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DPCIlog.xml
    106 KB · Views: 220
  • SSDT.aml
    505 bytes · Views: 100
  • boot.log
    23.3 KB · Views: 96
Thank you for your help. HDMI audio began working immediately after I was able to successfully compile the dsdt edits per your instruction (and adding the frame buffer edits to my config.plist).

The whole issue ended up being the DSDT fixes that were being applied at boot. I disabled every single one of them, and DSDT compile was a breeze from there.

I was actually able to do the following for my board : (DSDT Attached)

PJALM Asus Maximus VI Generic
Clean Compile
ADD P0P2
NVIDIA A1

I also did a clean installation to have a fresh brand new build where I hadn't tried a bunch of fixes and had the same success.

Quick question if you don't mind answering. I am going to attach a DSDT (it'll be the one called DSDT) that I used for the new bootable yosemite install I made with clover. What was fascinating to me, was that with this DSDT.... the installer had Wifi (only single band) and had working hdmi audio?! As in the "to use english for the main language worked." And this was in combination with using the standard config file from the Yosemite clover guide... I am extremely perplexed.

I am just trying to understand the correlation of the different pieces of the DSDT to functionality.

Lastly.. .the only thing I can't seem to get working properly is HWMonitor I have the associated plugins (4 of them) in my clover/kexts/10.10 folder. Is this incorrect? The only information it gives me is my SSD temp.

View attachment DSDT.aml Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 11.11.13 AM.pngView attachment Asus_Maximus_VI_Impact_1603_HDMI.aml

Dear Toleda,

There is Black Screen when in connect through HDMI. It is typical with GTX 980(970) cards. That's why I moved to DP cables.

Br. Peter

I was actually able to do the following for my board:
PJALM Asus Maximus VI Generic
Clean Compile

I am extremely perplexed.
With PJALM Asus Maximus VI Generic patch, Clean Compile is not necessary.
If the installer boots with the edited dsdt, HDMI audio will work.
Perplexed about what?
WiFi and hardware sendors are off topic

Dear Toleda,

The cables support audio the Redmonds OS give sound perfectly and the system profiler shows TV connected under Graphics tab.

If DVI is not an potion for me i could say goodbye for HDMI audio?

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back