Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sorry if this a stupid question but i can figure out how to install this. Could some write or explain step by step how to install this. as its the only thing i haven't been able to get running on my clover install of yosemite. any help would be great

Could some write or explain step by step
Done.
Post #1/HDMI Audio Guides
1. Select the matching processor graphics/motherboard series

What guide matches your processor graphics/motherboard series?

Okay I'm kind of stuck.
I have a Realtek 892 which is working (installed https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC892 with https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC)
I have a Nvidia GTX 970 where I want to enable HDMI/DP Audio

I'm reading [Guide]_Nvidia-hdmi_audio_v2 and at "Step 2"
I guess I need to pick HD4600/9 Series/8 Series as I have a 892...correct?
So then I went over here https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series to download the guide...
there at "8 Series/Step 2" I patch the DSDT with AMI-Clean_Compile-8series.
Then I download https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/blob/master/ssdt_8series/AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1.zip and place it in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED and rename it from SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml because there was no SSDT.aml.
Add Signature/ssdt/tableid/sassdt to the config.plist.

Rebuild Kernel Cache with DPCI Manager, reboot and see no HDMI/DP Audio device, only my onboard audio...

I'm really new to this could you tell me where I went wrong?
Is it because I have a Creative (emu20k2) still plugged in the computer but is not recognized?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-27 um 15.00.14.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-27 um 15.00.14.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 433
I guess I need to pick HD4600/9 Series/8 Series as I have a 892...correct?
Your profile says Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP, true? If yes, why 8 series?
Problem Reporting. Post #1, attach requested files.

1. Description of audio problem

I am attempting to enable HDMI audio by way of using a DSDT loaded using Clover. Loading the DSDT has no effect as to enabling / giving access to hdmi audio.

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

OS X 10.10, GA-Z97N-Gaming 5, BIOS version F3 (note: this is the latest version of the BIOS for this board, version F4 is for the Z97N/HZ97N WIFI motherboards.),
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690S CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4600, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM.

3. Procedure/Guide Used

[Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf

Run MaciASL, open its preferences, click on "sources" and add: https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_9series/master .
Close preferences and click on "Patch", after patches load, click on “AMI-Clean_Compile-9Series", then click on “Apply”. Close Patch dialog.
Click on “compile”. It compiles and gives one warning about using a reserved variable name: ”12184, 1099, Unknown reserved name (_HRV)”
Click on "Patch" again and this time select “AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1”, click on “Apply”. Close Patch dialog,
Click on Compile. After compiling (the same warning about the unknown reserved name appears)
“Save as..." DSDT.aml ("ACPI Machine Language Binary")
Copy the file to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/DSDT.aml
Reboot.
Check Sound Preferences control panel, but only the standard sound out devices appear in the Output subsection.

4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As..., verify file (no ioreg.txt)

attached (IOReg-report)

5. Screen shots:

1. DPCIManager
attached (DPCIManager.png)
2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)
attached (System Audio Info.png)

6. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
Note: this is the stock kext Apple supplies with Yosemite (AppleHDA 266.5, Copyright © 2000-2014 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.).

7. System/Library/extensions/AppleHDAxxx.kext (if installed)

Note: AppleHDA1150.kext (AppleHDA1150 v3.1.0, Copyright © 2013-2014 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.), this is the kext that is created by the Pike R. Alpha method of enabling ALC1150 audio. Installed via the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html . There was no major reason to pick this version over the other available versions, it works as well as extracting the ALC1150 package from the MultiBeast 7.0 software and installing that. I had tried some of the other listed methods to see if they gave HDMI audio access, but thus far I only have only been able to enable basic 2 channel audio.

Note: This motherboard does not have different colored audio input/output jacks, all are the same black color, there are three rows, two columns.

Note: No Framebuffer edits have been done, however:

Using the hdmi cable ===> AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 with display0: port-number, Number, 0x6

Using the DVI cable ===> AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 with display0: port-number, Number, 0x5

Using the DP cable ===> AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 with display0: port-number, Number, 0x0
Searching IODeviceTree for gfx returns: attached-gpu-control-path, String, IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GFX0@2/AppleIntelFramebuffer@0/AGPM

The next section (8) pertains to Chimera/Chameleon and is not applicable.

9. Clover
1. EFI/Clover/config.plist
attached. Note: the section containing board ids for iMessage, FaceTime, etc. has had the id strings intentionally blanked.

2. EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)
attached

3. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed)
attached.

4. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml (if installed)
Note: This ssdt is used to generate CPU P-States and CPU C-States. I used Stork’s guide. Built under Yosemite rather than copying the old one from Mavericks.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Attachments

• debug.log
    41.4 KB · Views: 217
  • config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 337
  • System Audio Info.png
    System Audio Info.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 278
  • DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 376
  • IOReg-report.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 209
  • SSDT.aml
    1.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSDT.aml
    66.1 KB · Views: 238
I am attempting to enable HDMI audio by way of using a DSDT loaded using Clover. Loading the DSDT has no effect as to enabling / giving access to hdmi audio.

this is the kext that is created by the Pike R. Alpha method of enabling ALC1150 audio

Note: No Framebuffer edits have been done, however:
Using the hdmi cable ===> AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 with display0: port-number, Number, 0x6
Using the DVI cable ===> AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 with display0: port-number, Number, 0x5
Using the DP cable ===> AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 with display0: port-number, Number, 0x0

Note: This ssdt is used to generate CPU P-States and CPU C-States. I used Stork’s guide.
DSDT edits are correct and working
AppleHDA1150.kext does not have the HD4600 HDMI edit. The correct command is:
./AppleHDA8Series.sh -b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController
Framebuffer edits are necessary, see HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits
No difference in PM ssdt for Mavericks or Yosemite.

Suggest, after HDMI audio is working above, Clover can do all of the kext patching. Native kexts are required. See toleda/audio_CloverALC and toleda/audio_CloverHDMI

1. Select the matching processor graphics/motherboard series
  2. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio is installed with every Desktop configuration

dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio

1. HD4600/9 Series/8 Series
    1. [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf.zip
    2. Limited 9 Series Support

Discrete Graphics (in addition to appropriate motherboard guide above)
    1. [Guide]_AMD-hdmi_audio_v2.pdf.zip
    2. [Guide]_Nvidia-hdmi_audio_v2.pdf.zip

I just need a clear answer... Do I need to follow both guides or just the Nvidia-HDMI audio guide for my setup?

MSI z97 Gaming 5 - Intel i7 4790
GPU Nvidia 750ti

I have analog output options currently available - I have yet to try it out though.

well i now have some sound but still not hdmi audio, i ran a script from ur guide and here is the output. not sure why i don't have hdmi

Mac-mini:~ leebarnes$ /Volumes/hackintosh/audio_cloverALC-90_v2.command ; exit;

Agreement
The audio_cloverALC-90_v2 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC-90_v2 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_cloverALC-90_v2.0.command_v2.0.3
Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI
Password:
Confirm Realtek ALC892 (y/n): y
Working dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio? (y/n): y

Download ALC892 files ...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 25585 100 25585 0 0 35885 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 35883
Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject
Edit config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
Download kext patches and merge to config.plist ...
100 1268 100 1268 0 0 6431 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 6436
Edit config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts/YES
Edit config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1
Install /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext
Download config kext and install ...
100 3322 100 3322 0 0 17437 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 17484
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext deleted
Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC892 zml files
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

i ran a script from ur guide and here is the output. not sure why i don't have hdmi
The question does not ask if you want HDMI audio; it asks if you have working HDMI audio. In your case, the answer is no. Clover/Audio_ID was not set because of the wrong answer.

To enable HDMI audio on your motherboard, see Post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back