Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not helpful:
screenshot of 40+ lines of boot log, attach complete log as a text file
CPU PM ssdt, attach hdmi audio ssdt

Restart, reply with new2 files.

Thanks so much for your response @toleda. I've attached the requested files. Also, I rebooted without my "main" monitor connected and hot plugged the mDP after the desktop appeared with the same results.

I look forward to your response. I'm truly grateful for your help.

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml.zip
    474 bytes · Views: 66
  • console.txt.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 69
The fix is for IGPU PM, nothing to do with enabling graphics or audio
No fix is native; cannot be the cause of a black screen. Off topic.
Okay, thank you. I managed to get my system booting without the GFX0 to IGPU fix.

After having run the script and getting weird results, then rerunning it, I've finally managed to be able to boot with SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml and SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml installed (and only those. I don't have any other dsdt/ssdts installed). However, there's still no HDMI audio. I can't select "LG TV" from Sound preferences anymore.

The kexts I'm using are the same as before: AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.

When running the installation script again, it keeps telling me that "HD630 HDMI audio is not enabled":
Code:
Agreement
The audio_cloverHDMI script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files for any reason without permission.
The audio_cloverHDMI script is provided as is and without any warranty.

File: audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.4.command
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Intel:    0x8086280b
HD630 HDMI audio is not enabled
Install SSDT-HDMI-HD630 HDMI audio ssdt (y/n): y
Download SSDT-HDMI-HD630 ...
Password:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 45203  100 45203    0     0   144k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  144k
Download SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml ...
100 44816  100 44816    0     0   170k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  170k
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDMI-HD630 installed
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1 installed
One display connected, proceeding
Confirm DP to HDMI connector edit on port 0x7 (y/n): y
Patch port 0x7
Download HD630 HDMI audio connector edits ...
100  2353  100  2353    0     0   9637      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  9604
HDMI audio edited /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist installed
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): n

Install finished, restart required.
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• dpcimanager.png
    dpcimanager.png
    567.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
rebooted without my "main" monitor
Not requested, remove the non main monitor.
Reboot makes all previous files irrelevant

Reboot with only main monitor connected
Reply with all new files

Remove ALL Rename-HDAS2HDEF patches
View attachment 279072
I had to readd that. When it's not there, the TV loses connection to the machine. I don't understand how that can happen, but it does. I've tried several times, and it just happened again now that I tried. I can still remote desktop into the machine and use the machine.

When I do remote desktop to the machine, I can see the LG TV. This is however not very useful, as the TV doesn't think it's connected to the machine at all.

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 17.21.21.png

I've noticed now that there is an occassional connection to the TV. After it's been black for a while, it will flicker and then for a brief second show the screen properly, then go back to being black or flickering. Is there something wrong with my config.plist? It seems very odd that this only happens when I'm not using the HDAS2HDEF patch.

It appeared that some of the 10.12.6-KBL-5912000-Port_0x*-DP2HDM patches were in there multipe times, so after cleaning it out, the machine actually booted and showed the desktop (and I could choose LG TV as output) for a few seconds, but before I managed to test anything, the screen went black again and the tv lost connection. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

UPDATE: Turns out that it went all flickering and black, because the HDMI can't do 4K@60hz without the HDAS2HDEF patch apparently! So not sure what step to take from here...

UPDATE2: I'm using an HDMI to DP adapter now and it works. 4K@60Hz with audio, no screen flickering or anything anymore either, so I guess I'll just use that. Thanks a lot for the help, Toleda.

Last edited:
See Post #3296. Off topic.
Yeah, it is indeed pretty absurd. The only semireasonable explanation I can think of is that there wasn't bandwidth enough to support both 4K@60 Hz when audio got enabled. Either way, I'm fine with using the DP to HDMI adapter, so I'm out. Thanks.

Reboot with only main monitor connected
Reply with all new files

Ok, here we go. Same audio issues with only the main "DELL U3417W" monitor attached via mDP. All new files attached.

Also, not sure if off topic is okay, if not please ignore and I will post elsewhere later. I am now having trouble waking the computer which is a new problem since troubleshooting the audio issues. The computer will wake up, I can enter my password, then the computer freezes.

Attachments

• no audio.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back