Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Config.plist still the same
The request for new filers means all files noted in Post #1/Problem Reporting
Port 0x5 patch works on the non HDMI IOReg and does not work on HDMI IOReg, why?
The Intel HDMI audio codec worked on the original IOReg and does not work on the recent IORegs, why?
To figure out what is happening, a complete set of requested files for each boot is suggested; you decide.

@toleda I'm in the process of building a new system and I'm having a little trouble getting the HDMI audio from my HD630 working.
  1. HDMI Audio device appears to be detected, but not displaying as an output device, also running the cloverHDMI script appears to have knocked out my onboard ALC1220 as well.
  2. macOS 10.12.6
    1. GA-Z270X-UD5
    2. BIOS F5
    3. i4770k
    4. HD630 (eventually will install 980ti)
  3. Procedure/Guide Used
    1. cloverHDMI terminal output - Attached
  4. Copy of IORegistryExplorer - Attached
  5. Screenshots
    1. DPCIManager/Status - Attached
    2. System Information/Hardware/Graphics/Displays - Attached
    3. System Information/Hardware/Audio - Attached
  6. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext - Attached
  7. Clover
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist - Attached
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log - Attached
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml - Attached all SSDTs used

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    820.7 KB · Views: 78
Nevermind, I got it sorted. I removed everything I did related to audio and started over. First getting the onboard ALC1220 working then moving to the HDMI over the HD630 and verifying it's working now.

Inching ever closer to finalizing this build. :D

I ran "audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.4.command" but HDMI did not appear in sound preferences after restart.
I have DVI, HDMI and DP ports on my mobo. TV is connected to HDMI. I did not choose any audio options in MultiBeast. For integrated ALC887 chip I use AppleALC.kext and it works. But I also need possibility for HDMI-audio.
macOS 10.12.6

Attachments

• Vadim.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
HDMI did not appear
What is the difference between HD630-SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml and SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml?
Why are HD630-SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-3.aml, SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml and SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml attached?
What files are actually installed EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched?
What is the difference between HD630-config.plist and config.plist? What is installed?
The valid Audio IDs for you motherboard are 1 and 2; why 3?

What is the difference between HD630-SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml and SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml?
Why are HD630-SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-3.aml, SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml and SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml attached?
What files are actually installed EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched?
What is the difference between HD630-config.plist and config.plist? What is installed?
The valid Audio IDs for you motherboard are 1 and 2; why 3?

I ran script many times in normal and debug mode. Probably some of that from debug mode.
So I removed all files from EFI and run script again. Now I have SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-3.aml and SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. AudioID is 1 in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
I still do not have HDMI output in sound preference (only analog outputs).

Attachments

• Vadim2.zip
    374.7 KB · Views: 68
Nevermind, I got it sorted. I removed everything I did related to audio and started over. First getting the onboard ALC1220 working then moving to the HDMI over the HD630 and verifying it's working now.

Inching ever closer to finalizing this build. :D
Hi Dracon,
I have the same board of you but I am not getting HDMI audio working.
do you mind to send us more details about "removed everything related to audio" and what procedure you executed to get HDMI audio working?
Thanks

Hi Dracon,
I have the same board of you but I am not getting HDMI audio working.
do you mind to send us more details about "removed everything related to audio" and what procedure you executed to get HDMI audio working?
Thanks

Post your clover folder and I'll tell you what I did to get it working. And the contents of /L/E

I ran script many times in normal and debug mode. Probably some of that from debug mode.
So I removed all files from EFI and run script again. Now I have SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-3.aml and SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. AudioID is 1 in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
I still do not have HDMI output in sound preference (only analog outputs).

You need to use HDAS-1 not HDAS-3 if you are using AudioID 1 in Clover.

ran script many times
My mistake, SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-3.aml is not correct, remove. Download latest version of cloverHDMI and run again.
See Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back