Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

First I wanted to thank toleda for his excellent post.

I have been able to make audio work... with speakers or headphones, but hdmi audio on my tv (LG32LB75) does not work...

My computer has the following configuration:

OS X: Sierra 10.12.4

Method used: cloverHDMI

MoBo: Asrock h170m itx/ac
CPU: i5 6500
Graphic card: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM DDR4

I can connect the computer to the TV screen either with hdmi connector or with a dvi-d to hdmi connector. neither of them work unfortunately.

I could use some help :) if possible

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Juan’s iMac.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 21.11.51.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 21.11.51.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 21.12.34.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 21.12.34.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 110
  • SSDT-2.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 88
  • SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 82
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DPCI bootlog.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
  1. Description of HDMI audio problem
Audio over DP is not working yet
  1. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
Sierra 10.12.4 / Asus Maximus VIII Gene / 2202 / i7 6700K / EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
  1. Procedure/Guide Used
I am trying to pick a method and could use help. the cloverHDMI section only talks about hdmi audio, so I assume thats the wrong section. The next section says "OS X HDMI and/or DP audio support:" and since it says "DP" I assume its the right section. I think the right instructions are in the section called "OS X HDMI Audio Guides". As I understand I will have to pick A1 or A2 and then do B and C. unfortunately the tables for A/B/C isn't updated for Skylake or Sierra. It seems like people are getting it to work though so I'm hoping after I select a method people will be able to advise on the various bits for Skylake and Sierra.

I am new to both SSDT and DSDT editing. I suppose I'll try the SSDT method since it will survive BIOS updates. However I'd also like to run piker alpha's script for more cpu power states. How do these play together? Should I just generate them independently and then combine them in a text editor or something?

Well I can't fill out any of the other help request stuff till a method is picked. Thanks in advance for any help!

g

Try DP2HDMI adapter

I have bought one, just waiting for it to arrive. The point is that when I have the mackintosh connected through DVI2HDMI, it does not work, for sure. But once I have already started it up, and then I switch from DVI2HDMI to simply HDMI2HDMI, it works (sometimes) and LG32LB75 appears as one of the audio devices. So, it should not be necessary to use any DP2HDMI adapter... I guess, I have also considered buying speakers, which work for sure.

Any suggestions??

So I've been experiencing weird issues, hope you're able to shed some light into this @toleda

Currently I use my Hackintosh connected via DisplayPort to a 4k 60hz monitor, and I would like to be able to also connect an HDMI to the TV in case I want to watch movies there. Thing is I plugged in the HDMI cable 3 times, 2 caused the complete system to freeze (literally mouse is frozen, keyboard also, only solution is by shutting down the PC by pressing the button on the case and restarting), and the other one worked fine and I had image on both monitors, however with no TV audio. weird.

Do you happen to know what could be going on? I installed nothing regarding HDMI or anything as of now, I want to be sure I install the right thing. You can check my specs on my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back