Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDAS to HDEF patch needs to be removed from config.plist in order for audio over DP to work with your SSDT?
No not related to discrete graphics HDMI audio. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt.

Would that also mean no fix_hda either?
Yes.

No not related to discrete graphics HDMI audio. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt.

I didn't mean to imply there was a problem with the SSDT. It has worked perfectly on other builds. Just looking for clues so I can make it work with my current set up and ditch voodoohda.kext.

You know the answer to that question, no workarounds.

I know. I feel dirty just using that kext. XD unfortunately I do not have the brain power to figure out how to make it work without it yet.

Hi, @toleda
Could you please take a look at my issue?
Thanks!

Hi!

I don't have HDMI audio. Onboard audio it's fine (Realtek ALC898).

OS X version: 10.12.4 (Sierra)
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
BIOS version: 2104
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
GPU: EVGA GTX 660Ti

CloverHDMI script used. ZIP with requested files attached.

don't have HDMI audio
Apologies for missing the earlier post, noting Post # is more effective.
Unfamiliar device name.
Remove EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
Install attached SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-HRU4.aml

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-HRU4.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 71
Thanks, @toleda. There is no need to apologise. Attached SSDT works like a charm.
Just a little off-topic regarding my onboard audio: ALC898 should be able to support 192kHz/24-bit audio, right? My audio config panel only shows until 96kHz/24-bit. I was using the ALC898 kext (MultiBeast installation) and changed to AppleALC but can't get 192kHz.

Hi!

I don't have HDMI audio. Onboard audio it's fine (Realtek ALC1150).

OS X version: 10.12.4 (Sierra)
Mobo: MSI Z170 GAMING M3
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K
GPU: MSI GTX 1070

CloverHDMI script used.

Hi @toleda

If it is no trouble, I'd love some help with post #2706, I think I provided all the files but probably missed one

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back