Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @toleda I tried your script and rebooted and I still don't have any audio via my DP output

Here is the log of running your script:

File: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command_v1.0d
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia: 0x10de0083
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1b80 found on PEG0@1/PEGP@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Can you advise me how to proceed to get it working?

Update: Just to be clear, due to other components I am unable to move the GPU to any other slot.

Attached are the files requested to assist in troubleshooting.

Thx

Update: I moved my monitor to the DP port furthest away from the HDMI port and success! Audio is now working. Thank you.

(files removed)

Last edited:
Problem Reporting
Dear toleda, I delete the config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Items, the HDMI is displayed in systeminfo, but no sound still no output!
I tried Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]'s vit9696/AppleALC method to install Realtek ALC , finally the audio works right!

Link
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/
III. Additional AppleHDA Realtek Methods
  1. vit9696/AppleALC - AppleALC
    1. Downloads
      1. AppleALC
        • 1220/1220A, see Attachments (below)
      2. Lilu
    2. Install Downloads/AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    3. Restart
    4. Chameleon, Clover, Osmosis, others
"

First of all I would like to thank toleda for the script. At first I thought that the script needed to be updated but after weeks of no sound I figured I would give something else a shot.

There are 3 DisplayPorts and 1 HDMI on my GTX 1080. The DisplayPort closest to the HDMI was not giving me sound but the one furthest to the left detected my display immediately.

Just putting it out there that the script is not at fault. Try a different port and for me personally, I deleted the aml file from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Thank you toleda.

First of all I would like to thank toleda for the script. At first I thought that the script needed to be updated but after weeks of no sound I figured I would give something else a shot.

There are 3 DisplayPorts and 1 HDMI on my GTX 1080. The DisplayPort closest to the HDMI was not giving me sound but the one furthest to the left detected my display immediately.

Just putting it out there that the script is not at fault. Try a different port and for me personally, I deleted the aml file from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Thank you toleda.

What if you only have 1 DP?

Thank you toleda.

Interesting. I am waiting for toleda to respond after looking at the files I posted - but I'll try moving my DP output to the one furthest away from the HDMI post. Thanks for the info.

Hi there, here are my specs and interesting observation:

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU: Skylake 6700K
RAM: Corsair 16GB
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB

Running Sierra 10.12.4, this is what I did and how I got HDMI audio, but lost Realtek 1150 in the process, but I can return it anyway

Installed Multibeast with ALC1150 codec & 100 Series driver
Latest Nvidia f02 drivers
audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0f3.command used with inject audio 1
Got working SOUND CARD audio (Raltek ALC1150), that's ok, sound works, mic works, good

But then, I wanted HDMI audio because I have an AV receiver + speakers in monitor... Monitor is connected via DVI to HDMI cable (with audio, I have audio on windows), AV receiver on HDMI cable
This is what I did then
installed audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command
in config.plist thad HSDA to HDEF command has to be deleted for HDMI to work, but then I loose sound card sound (it's ok it can be returned with that command again, but with HDMI lost, just follow me)
got HDMI audio ONLY for HDMI cable aka AV receiver

My main goal is to get HDMI sound working on both monitor and AVR, here is the WTF moment, if I disconnect DVI cable and disconnect AV receiver, and plug my monitor to HDMI cable I got audio on monitor, it is detected properly and I have sound on my monitor speakers...
Restart
No sound on monitor, it is not detected anymore in sound devices.
Connect DVI cable again, as before, connect AVR on HDMI port, restart, got sound again, repeat last step, all the same
WTF moment 2: I have decided to connect both DVI and HDMi to my monitor, since it has 2 inputs, just for the sake of curiosity, it is detected properly on both DVI and HDMI for SOUND, only the one on HDMI does actually play sound. If I select DVI input as sound output, no sound

So for now I am using it as is with two cables connected and I have HDMI audio working

@toleda

Question now, will this work better if I got DP to HDMI cable for my monitor, and leave AVR on HDMI?
Second question, is there a way to have both HDMI sound working as described, plus ALC1150?

Hope this helps someone here to understand what is going on and what to expect until we have some better solution

is there a way to have both HDMI sound working as described, plus ALC1150?
Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Yes. No attached files, no idea.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

@toleda

1. Description of problem in post #2747
2. Files attached
3. Problem reporting, number 7. AppkeHDA.kext I don't have that file, everything else is attached

Cheers

Attachments

• studiovpc files.zip
    873.1 KB · Views: 68
Description of problem in post
Deleted "HDAS to HDEF command has to be deleted for HDMI audio", did not install ssdt.
See Post #1, Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  1. 100 Series/Intel High Definition Audio
Install the linked ssdt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back