Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toleda, I followed post#1 instructions, but after run audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command and reboot, my internal screen glitch and external monitor no signal, so I cannot log in to the macOS.

I try to remove Device (GFX0) in SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml, internal screen and external screen works fine and I can see HDAU in IORegistryExplorer but still no HDMI/DisplayPort audio. Can you help me about this issue?

Thank you very much.

ISwlGy9.jpg

My Laptop Detail:
  • Model: Clevo P751DMG
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k
  • Motherboard Chipset: Z170
  • Memory: DDR4 2400 32GB
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 6GB
  • macOS version: 10.12.4
  • NVIDIA Web Driver: 378.05.05.05f02

Files in attachment zip file:
  • ioreg before patch
  • ioreg with HDAU but without GFX0
  • ScreenShot of DPCIManager/State before patch
  • ScreenShot of DPCIManager/State with HDAU but without GFX0
  • ScreenShot of Graphics in system information
  • DSDT and SSDT
  • Clover config.plist
  • bootlog before patch
  • bootlog with HDAU but without GFX0

Attachments

• DSDT_SSDT_config_plist_screenshot_ioreg_bootlog_terminal_output.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
try to remove Device (GFX0) in SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml, internal screen and external screen works fine and I can see HDAU in IORegistryExplorer but still no HDMI/DisplayPort audio.
That is why there is no HDMI audio. Editing ACPI files is a bad idea. GFX0 is not the problem.
Are the attached dsdt and ssdts in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? if yes, why?
Attach SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml

That is why there is no HDMI audio. Editing ACPI files is a bad idea. GFX0 is not the problem.
Are the attached dsdt and ssdts in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? if yes, why?
Attach SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
Thanks for your reply :)

Yes, they are in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

SSDT1 ~ SSDT5 are original files extracted from CLOVER F4 key, I just copy them into patched directory without any modification.
SSDT.aml is generated by https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
I only modified DSDT.aml, fix compile error, applied DTGP, Clean Compile, Skylake LPC and USB patches from RehabMan and you.

If I remove all DSDT and SSDT files from patched directory and only use SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml, the glitch issue still exists.

Here is SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml generated by audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command.

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 87
Hi Toleda :)

Was using intel HD530 with working DP audio to my monitor.

Installed a 1050Ti, DP to same monitor. Latest web driver, lilu.kext+NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to avoid black screen.

All works great except DP sound.

10.12.4 - i7 - Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
Used the audio_cloverHDMI-120.command.zip guide

Here are all the files (I hope!)

Attachments

• Gabeloo_audio.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
they are in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
No a good idea. Leave SSDT.aml (pm). Add lpc ssdt and usb ssdt. Remove DSDT.sml and SSDT1 - 5.aml

The only problem to solve as why your system is haveing a problem with the Nvidia ssdt. Do you have another macOS system to screen share with the lap[top?

No a good idea. Leave SSDT.aml (pm). Add lpc ssdt and usb ssdt. Remove DSDT.sml and SSDT1 - 5.aml

The only problem to solve as why your system is haveing a problem with the Nvidia ssdt. Do you have another macOS system to screen share with the lap[top?

I only have Linux or Windows on other machines, could I use third party remote desktop software?

Searched and seems VNC would work.
So I should collect the ioreg and boot log?

Try: Post #1/cloverHDMI

I tried (actually was the first method i tested). The Terminal output is attached to this post.

Attachments

• MageMaster-HDMI.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 101
actually was the first method i tested
Script: HD4600+ HDMI audio is enabled ...
Missed:
Post #1/cloverHDMI
6. Notes
2. Attempted HDMI audio and not working; remove all previous attempts​

Something else was first and it ensures all other attempts will fail.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back