Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #2568 shows 3 codecs working; no progress??
Broke a working configuration, why?
Attached files shows audio stops working when patches are removed.
Several properties missing from config.plist, why?

Hi again Toleda.

Messed it up last week completely. Now I think everything is working regarding connected HDMI both for Nvidia and HD 530 (see installation log). This time I used your patch without any DSDT-edits.

My problem now is that I can’t boot with both displays (Nvidia and HD 530) simultaneously because the HD 530 display get corrupt during boot and crash. I am forced to disconnect my HD 530 display if I want to boot into Mac OS (thats why the log says the display is disconnected). I’ve tried with the native frame buffer and the one your patch installs automatically in config.plist without success.
The funny thing is that when I've just put in the patch for HDEF2HDAS both displays works fine together obviously without no sound from HD 530 HDMI.
For me it looks like the wrong frame buffer is injected.

Please take your time and have a look and see if you could find what's wrong with my setup.
Regards
Öbus

Attachments

• MinMac.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 111
  • log."audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d".txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 117
  • config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 262
This is my ioreg without the Nvidia card attached and with only the HD530-SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1Hdmi-patch. HDMI shows up but are not connected as expected. As soon as I put in the HD530-SSDT-HDMI-HD530-patch everything crash during boot exactly the same way as with booth connected displays according to my post above.

Attachments

• MinMac.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddHDMI_8000000/NO
Reply with new files.

For HDMI audio on the 2nd 1080, an additional, custom ssdt is required.

Did the change and generate new files but did not run the hdmi script again
P.S : i dont need hdmi audio on the other card since the SLI is used only on windows I have only one screen so if when of them give Hdmi/DP sound it's all good :D

Attachments

• BlackHack13-2.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
Hey Toleda,

I installed the WebDrivers for my GTX 1060 on my 10.12.4 Sierra install and I'm having issues getting HDMI audio to run using your script, CloverHDMI. I don't get any option as regards to HDMI at all. Heres a screenshot of your command file, which I'm not sure is working properly as it doesn't place a SSDT/DSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2017-04-12_at_17.57.32.png
    Screen_Shot_2017-04-12_at_17.57.32.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 151
My HDMI audio was working on my 750 Ti.

I updated the NVIDIA graphics driver and installed a 1080. All is working on the video side, but I lost HDMI audio.

I tried using VoodooHDA and it DID bring back audio via HDMI, but I don't have a pref pane for it and when I go to Applications and open VoodooHdaSettingsLoader nothing opens up as far as I can see.

A weird side effect is now I have 4 Digital-Out (HDMI) options for output devices. Only one actually works though.

Any idea how I can get HDMI Audio out working w/o using VooDoo and not see 4 Digital outs?

Files attached for troubleshooting.

Thx

Attachments

• Boot Log.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Banners_and_Alerts_and_iMac.png
    Banners_and_Alerts_and_iMac.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 159
  • DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    179 KB · Views: 198
  • MacHDMI Issue.iojones
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 227
  • SSDT-i7-6700K.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 136
My HDMI audio was working on my 750 Ti.

I updated the NVIDIA graphics driver and installed a 1080. All is working on the video side, but I lost HDMI audio.

I tried using VoodooHDA and it DID bring back audio via HDMI, but I don't have a pref pane for it and when I go to Applications and open VoodooHdaSettingsLoader nothing opens up as far as I can see.

A weird side effect is now I have 4 Digital-Out (HDMI) options for output devices. Only one actually works though.

Any idea how I can get HDMI Audio out working w/o using VooDoo and not see 4 Digital outs?

Files attached for troubleshooting.

Thx
I used the VoodooHDA program just like you in order to get sound working through my GTX 1080.
My Hackintosh is plugged into a Samsung 4K TV through a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI. This way I get full 4K at 60Hz.

I cannot answer all your questions but the reason you have multiple digital outputs is due to the multiple outputs on your card.
For instance, I have 1 HDMI port, 3 DisplayPorts, 1 DVI port.
Under my sound pane, only one works because that is the one that is connected to my TV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back