Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble with the guide format. The trouble is, I don't know where to start... HDMI audio. Here's all I could figure out to provide you with problem reporting. I just need to be pushed in the right direction. I haven't played with this since 2012...
1. No Hdmi audio
2. El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)/Gigabyte ga-q77m-d2h/bois v1/processor i5 duo/on board hdmi/
3. guide used so far - audio cloverHDMI-120 command terminal
4. attached
5. wouldn't let me attach .log
6. System/Library/Extensions missing file AppleHDA.kext
7. Do i have this?
8. 1. attached
2.couldn't find that line, do i need to create?
3. attched
4. none found

thx, my head hurts now...

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 232
  • ioregcopy.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 119
  • SSDT-HDEF-3.aml
    218 bytes · Views: 109
  • SSDT-HDMI-HD4000.aml
    388 bytes · Views: 109
I just want to thank toleda for his work.

I had problems with El Capitan and audio_cloverHDMI-110.command since I decided to use HDMI Audio. I had audio through HDMI but I was not able to make my Hackintosh go to sleep nor my display. If I changed to headphones port the Hackintosh went to sleep as it should.

I upgraded to Sierra GM some days ago. I installed your audio driver, after that I installed audio_cloverHDMI-120.command and "YES"... now I have HDMI audio, and my Hackintosh goes to sleep as if, I'm using headphones port.

Thank you very much for the hard work :thumbup: ! The little nasty problem is gone.:headbang:

Could I get some advice on how to revert all changes made by the 120.command script please - it messed up my graphics.

OK I managed to get my graphics working again so no worries (still not DP audio but meh, Line Out works)

Last edited:
Hi Toleda,

Thanks a whole lot for your great contributions all over the years. Have always been a big fan of your work.

I have been trying to enable HDMI Audio on my system: i5-4570 with HD 4600 (IGPU), and GTX 650 (PEG0). Your script (120) enables HDMI devices for both IGPU and and PEG0 right away, which surpasses the simple kext solution that only supports NVidia (or AMD, didn't try). IGPU HDMI Audio works great, but as I have been using HDMI Audio with NVidia Web Drivers before 10.12, I kept Web Drivers on, and PEG0 had no sound for quite a long time. I tried with NVidia only, and then with both Intel and NVidia installations, still no luck.

At last, I carefully read your guide again, and found out you mentioned OS X Driver with GTX 6xx, so I switched to OS X NVidia driver, and the sound popped out!

This also fixed an issue with iTunes DRM video playback - Web Drivers freeze the whole system, even disabling the reset button.

Can I summarize that the current version of NVidia Web Drivers is still not stable, and therefore cannot support HDMI Audio? Is there a possibility that a future update from any side (your scripts and SSDT, etc. or NVidia side) might fix this issue, so that ppl can use Web Drivers with HDMI Audio again?

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts! Really appreciate it.

current version of NVidia Web Drivers is still not stable
Likely true. Only Nvidia can fix HDMI audio in their driver. The one time it happened previously, it took 3 releases before it was fixed.

...I've tried to understand your [Guide] but I guess it assumes that the reader knows and understands every bit of it in order to take the right decisions and actions - which is fine.

However, it would be great if someone who understands and can translate to tier one tekkie English how to do what... I am sure, scientifically, your guide is brilliant... I'm just not so sure that a whole lot of people can follow it :( unfortunately.

To me, it seems far more complicated than the entire setup of my new hackintosh so far.

Maybe one of the pros feels inclined to translate? That would be awesome for a lot of people!

Maybe one of the pros feels inclined to translate?
Trouble clicking on a hyperlink? Easier that the method you used, no maintenance.
1. Click HDMI Audio AppleHDA/cloverHDMI
2. Mount EFI
3. Double click Downloads/cloverHDMI
4. Answer: y
5. Restart.

Last edited:
Hey Toleda,

thanks for the effort! Some questionmarks left on my side:

1. Click HDMI Audio AppleHDA/cloverHDMI Done that
2. Mount EFI Done that using Clover Configurator
3. Double click Downloads/cloverHDMI Done that
4. Answer: y What was the question? Who asked?
5. Restart.

Thanks!

EDIT: figured it out... the .command file needs to be run with Terminal. OK, I ran it and answered y. I rebooted but there is no HDMI sound. EFI partition was mounted. Terminal says:

No HDMI audio codec(s) detected, continue (y/n):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back