Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attach cloverHDMI terminal output.

Ok I tried running cloverHDMI.
Error message is in the CloverHDMI log file.
Other report files are from before it was run.

Attachments

• Report Files (2016_08_01_0039).zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I tried running cloverHDMI
Ignore error, script ran on 8/1/16:
HDMI audio edited /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist installed
Attached config.plist has a last opened date of 7/3/16, not the config.plist edited.
Installed config.plist is in a different EFI partition than the EFI partition booting.

Ignore error, script ran on 8/1/16:
HDMI audio edited /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist installed
Attached config.plist has a last opened date of 7/3/16, not the config.plist edited.
Installed config.plist is in a different EFI partition than the EFI partition booting.

You are correct. Config.plist uploaded is the one that was installed before running cloverHDMI script.

The new files attached in this post are from after running cloverHDMI.
Note that I had to remove 10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x6-DP2HDM patch since it gives me a kernel panic at startup. So I did run the script, restarted and got a kernel panic, then booted into windows and removed said patch from config.plist and finally booted back into OS X and gathered all the report files.

Attachments

• Report Files (2016_08_01_1209).zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
No HDMI audio without the patch. Clean install.

Two questions:
1) What exactly do you mean by 'clean install'?
2) Any idea why cloverHDMI is looking for a discrete GPU even though there is none installed? Is this connected to the missing patch?

Thanks for your help

Two questions
Clean install is a new install on an empty partition.
When the script reports no discreet graphics, it has finished with Intel graphics; ignore. I fixed a different problem and broke the no discrete graphics verification.

Clean install is a new install on an empty partition.
When the script reports no discreet graphics, it has finished with Intel graphics; ignore. I fixed a different problem and broke the no discrete graphics verification.

Okay thanks for the reply. I won't be able to make a clean install soon but I might get around to it in September. I will try it again once its done. Thanks again for taking the time and looking at my problem!

Thanks so much for the guide! Took me a few tries to get this on my skylake. I'm new to this and initially I thought this meant to remove the ENTIRE config.plist file (which I almost did....):

Skylake/HD 5x0, remove config.plist (if present)

When I realized that this meant "remove these entries from your config.plist", everything made much more sense. Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back