Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda

Just ran your clover HDMI script and it worked perfectly - I now have HDMI audio, thank you so much!

A quick question for future reference. How do you 'set audio_cloverALC-HDMI-110.command/gDebug=1' to test drive the script.

Really appreciate the amazing amount of work you do for the community.

Hi Toledo...
As per your request from this link Im posting here

Note: Ive sent you a private message as I am unable to upload Kext or Bootlog info.

Edit: Nevermind Ive found that I just needed to drag and drop the files. Only problem is the BOOTLOG.LOG I have changed it to BOOTLOG.LIST as it wouldn't accept that file. Please just revert it back to BOOTLEG.LOG

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/p...the-cinema-displays-dual.196084/#post-1277946

1. Im struggling with audio. I have spent so much time its driving me crazy. I never had a problem with UP5TH build. I hope you can help and really appreciate it...

So my issue is that I have 2x27inch Cinema Displays (mDP type) connected to 2x Evga 780's through a mDP to DP adapter. USB connections go straight into the motherboard (though strangely enough 'Display audio' in sound settings don't come on when connected to Asmedia USB ports. Its only recognised by one specific Intel port).

So Im able to get LED Cinema Display to come up in sound preferences. However the quantity of this varies upon each boot. Sometimes I get LED Cinema Display x4, sometimes X3, sometimes X2. It also varies when I select LED Cinema Display that my main monitor does not recognise sound (though the side monitor does when I select the other LED Cinema display).

To further complicate the matter... Ive got a Bowers and Wilkins USB powered speakers connected to the back of my main Cinema Display. I cannot get sound out of this unless I select 'Display'. Ive been so far able to get Display Audio x2 but whenever I select it... either the 27 inch monitor default speakers make a crackling sound or when I turn on the Bowers and Wilkins speakers, Ill also get crackles through it.

2, Here is my setup.
6700k, Z170 Deluxe (Asus), 16 gig Ram, 2x780 (Rev A, they don't need Nvidia web drivers)

3. I followed your guide, as well as WildWillows here.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/w...0-deluxe-i5-6600k-gtx970-ssc-32gb-ram.188027/

Its basically exactly the same. Now Ive gone off and tried to experiment with a range of other kexts, from other users over the past fortnight but also been unsuccessful. Ive tried to put it back to the 'clean install' for you. Ive reinstalled original AppleHDA, recreated a clover config list and followed WildWillows post which basically refers me to your linked post in my initial thread.

4. IO Registry attached below

5. Boot log attached below

6. Apple HDA attached below

8. Clover config attached (Note Ive removed SMBIOS details for privacy)

9. SSDT attached

If you need any further info please let me know or if something isn't clear.
Im about to do a fresh install and awaiting your instructions so get this weight off my shoulders and enjoy my Skylake (Im starting to wish I didn't upgrade).

Thank you

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 85
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 226
  • MacPro 909.ioreg
    23.1 MB · Views: 102
  • Boot log.plist
    512.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Sometimes I get LED Cinema Display x4
As noted previously, acpi problem. Install attached ssdt and restart.
USB problems, off topic.
Attach new files.

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG1.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 69
I am having the exact same problem as Alphafox. Just posting to see if this was resolved before I go into details with my build. Didn't want anyone to have to go to trouble of repeating if this is already solved.

Thanks Steve.. See AlphaFox Quote Below.

Quoted from AlphaFox:
Im at a loss as to how to get the HDMI audio working over my nvidia 750Ti:

File: audio_cloverHDMI-110.command_v0.22 - BETA
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia: 0x10de0060
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1380 found on PEG0@1/GFX0@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

it says HDMI audio is enabled but I don't get anything under audio sources; I have a DisplayPort Apple Cinema display hooked up to it. please give me some direction here, my first hackintosh build!

As noted previously, acpi problem. Install attached ssdt and restart.
USB problems, off topic.
Attach new files.

Hi Toledo.

Ive added that file into my ACPI/patched folder alongside the PEG0. I am still getting multiple 'LED Cinema Display' options (right now I have 3).

Also, Ive followed the USB port limiter SSDT (currently at 14 for me) as I thought maybe the USB patch was the problem. Despite implementing USB's properly following to rehabman's USB guide, I still get crackling audio (when selecting Display Audio from sound preferences) through the rear INTEL port.
Strangely enough, sound is perfect when I connect it up to my case USB, which goes straight into the internal USB3 motherboard header.

Does that help?

Hey i've been trying to get HDMI audio on my i3100 with HD530 working.
I am running
OSX El Capitan 10.11.5
Asus H170M-Plus
Intel Core i3 3100
HD530 Graphics
Bios Version H170M-PLUS BIOS 0704​

First i tried the audio_cloverHDMI-110.command but to no avail. This is the command's output:

File: audio_cloverHDMI-110.command_v0.22 - BETA
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Intel: 0x80862809
HD530 HDMI audio is not enabled
Install SSDT-HDMI-HD530 HDMI audio ssdt (y/n): y
Download SSDT-HDMI-HD530 ...
Password:
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 44769 100 44769 0 0 46894 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 46878
Download SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml ...
100 44816 100 44816 0 0 99018 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 99150
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDMI-HD530 installed
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1 installed
One display connected, proceeding
Confirm DP to HDMI connector edit on port 0x6 (y/n): y
Patch port 0x6
Download HD530 HDMI audio connector edits ...
100 1617 100 1617 0 0 5227 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 5216
HDMI audio edited /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist installed
Error: discrete graphics card not found, unknown acpi PCI0 name
Names checked: 0 PEG0@1 PEG1@1 PEGP@1 P0P1@1 P0P2@1 P0P2@3 NPE3@2 NPE3@3 NPE7@3 pci-bridge@1 pci-bridge@3 BR3A@3
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

So after this didn't work I tried the method Part C: Bootloader OS X HDMI Audio.
But I am unable to install the
/Devices/Arbitrary/10.11.4+-Intel-HDA-Desktop
config.plist edit. If I it will not start up anymore.

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• report_files.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back