Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!!!

Just to clarify things…

dsdt/IGPU/layout-id is not correct, try again.
Yes, just a test with other value, but I realized that dsdt/IGPU/layout-id has no effect so I deleted this entry.

Installed AppleHDA has 4 Outputs defined for onboard audio, no Output for HDMI audio.
Fix
1. Edit installed AppleHDA to remove an output device
This was the real problem… after your directions I've tried to create an aditional HDMI Output on layout12.xml but no success. So I deleted Lineout (at least one, but I deleted two of them once there's no utility) from Platforms.xml and, wow!!!, HDMI and Onboard audio working — at same time!

Appears that there's a limit of conections on AppleHDA, is that right? I ask this bc when I had an discrete gpu (with hdmi audio) I don't had this limitation.

BTW, some aditional consideration?

So… thanks, thanks a lot for your help.
Regards!

Bad News…

HDMI audio cause system restarts after 10.11.4 update with HD 3000.

The first change is the fact that I had to change OsxAptioFix to OsxAptioFix2 then, after that, the system appears to start up normally until first boot stage. At the beginning of second boot stage the system crash and restart. If I remove the entry "hda-gfx, onboard-1" from DSDT then system boots normally, but without HDMI audio. To be precise, just once system boot with HDMI audio, once.

I also noticed some little artefacts on screen.

Already tryed:
• Update clover to v.3368;
• fresh install;
• test with native and patched AppleHDA;
• remove aditional kexts, like GPUSensors and others;
But without success.

Is this happening with somebody else?

Not true.
Yes, it's true, at least with me but after several tests (and restarts) I give up — again, just one time, the system boots ok. I think that problem is related only with AppleHDA — or maybe with AppleHDA and HD3000— so I decided roll back to v272.51.3 (10.11.3), until find a solution, and everything is works perfectly.

No files, no ideas.
Take in mind that I'm using vanilla AppleHDA and DSDT do you already seen. So, I think that the only file that I can provide from a unbootable system is debug.log from Clover where there's 3 versions of it:

• ERROR BOOT, with dsdt hdmi injector (HDA v274.7/10.11.4)
• BOOT OK, with dsdt hdmi injector (HDA v274.7/10.11.4)
• BOOT OK, with dsdt hdmi injector (HDA v272.51.3/10.11.4)

Remember, if I remove "hda-gfx, onboard-1" from DSDT (and use 10.11.4 AppleHDA) system works fine, but no HDMI audio.

If there any other file that I can provide, please tell me.

Regards and sorry for any inconvenience.

Attachments

• Clover debugs+DSDT.zip
    34.5 KB · Views: 64
• ERROR BOOT, with dsdt hdmi injector (HDA v274.7/10.11.4)
• BOOT OK, with dsdt hdmi injector (HDA v274.7/10.11.4)
What is the difference?
AppleHDA.kext has no effect on boot; any problem results in no audio.
Logs/boot error, where?

Hi everyone,
can you help me with get my hdmi sound working with the hd 4600?
I already read your faq but I failed with patching it.
My mobo is the H81M-E33V2 with ALC887.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 54
Hello,
I have Gigabyte B85M-D3H / Gigabyte Geforce GT610 / Mountain Lion 10.8.5. It all works perfectly except for HDMI audio (from GT610). It would be really great / useful to get this going.

Unfortunately though, I really don't understand the steps that need to be taken, they seem too advanced for me. If anyone knows how to do this, I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks very much:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back