Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had any luck with the Intel HD 5500 graphics on the new broadwell? I have a dell xps 13 qhd 3200x1800 with realtek ALC3263 and I can only get sound to work with VoodooHDA, but HDMI audio does not work.

I tried without voodoohda and couldn't get any audio. Wasn't sure how to patch AppleHDA as this chip has never been encountered it seems and there are no similar chips supported in the AppleHDA patches i found.

I'm a newbie and I'm completely lost on this step. Trying to get HDMI audio on my build. I have GA H97M D3H m/b and a Four Core Intel i7 CPU. I believe I need to download #8, but when I click on Column 3, I have no idea how to download it or where/how to install it. Please help. First build ever.

lost on this step.
Downloads:
1. Row 8, column 2
2. Top row, column 3

MaciAsl dsdt edits:
1. Copy link from Row 8, column 3 (see Note: 1. MaciASL/dsdt patches)
2. Paste to MaciASL/Preferences... (as noted in dsdt guide)

Downloads:
1. Row 8, column 2
2. Top row, column 3

MaciAsl dsdt edits:
1. Copy link from Row 8, column 3 (see Note: 1. MaciASL/dsdt patches)
2. Paste to MaciASL/Preferences... (as noted in dsdt guide)
Dude, I'm completely lost. I downloaded Row 8, column 2, and top Row column 3. There's a bunch of files. I have no idea what to do with them.

I have no idea what MaciAsl is, how to edit it, paste to it, or where to even find it. These notes probably work for someone experienced, but for a newbie they get too technical. Please explain what I need to do in simple terms. Thanks. :)

I have no idea what to do with them.
I have no idea what MaciAsl is, how to edit it, paste to it, or where to even find it.
Dude, do the research.
pdfs, step by step, reading required
MaciASL is a simple text editor, Post #1/Tools.
Success or failure is up to you.

Dude, do the research.
pdfs, step by step, reading required
MaciASL is a simple text editor, Post #1/Tools.
Success or failure is up to you.
No offense, but you seem to love to give cryptic notes.

Examples:
"pdfs, step by step, reading required"
What does this mean??? Pdfs, where? Which one? One extra sentence would clarify. But you want to type the least amount of words possible. As I've explained, I'm a newbie.

"MaciASL is a simple text editor, Post #1/Tools."
Post which #1? And when you click MaciASL Tools, there are several options (Thermal Design Power, etc). Where do I paste #1 (if I knew what #1 was). Again, an extra sentence would clarify things.

The first page of this thread is incomprehensible. You list a bunch of technical settings without telling people how to change these settings. You wouldn't have to answer so many questions if you had made that post clearer in the first place. What's the point of tonymacx86 or toleda if people have to go Google things anyway? Tutorials are supposed to be clear and simple.

Sorry about the rant, but I'm totally annoyed and frustrated :-X

I agree, in the first post I suppose you've tried to cram a bit too much information into one post. You're doing a great job none the less. Just that us noobs are getting left out of the party :p

A bit of simplification and step by step easy guide for common configs like the GA-h97-d3h would go a long way.

Hello,

1. I get no HDMI audio device.

2. OS X 10.10.4 / Sabertooth Z77 / 3570k / EVGA GTX 970 SSC

3. 1st attempt at clover/yosemite, with HD4000, didn't have Audio Devices, was able to enable audio devices by using "audio_cloverALC-110.command, and no HDMI audio. Then I got a EVGA GTX 970 SSC, reformated and installed 970, disabled HD4000 and made a new DSDT following via MaciASL (Pjalm) asus mobo only + (toleda's HDMI audio) nvidia A1. Since i've installed the GTX 970 and reformated, i haven't run the audio_cloverALC-110.command, but i still see the AppleHDA KextToPatch on config.

4. I have attached req. troubleshooting files. Note: Attached S/L/E AppleHDA.kext "should" be native. (???) Under DPCIManager i see the ALC892 codec.

Thank you.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    45.3 KB · Views: 77
  • config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 170
  • debug.log
    17.6 KB · Views: 77
  • mrkonowIO.iojones
    854 KB · Views: 66
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67