Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Connect the TV, attach new IOReg.

Okay, now this is while gpu was connected ONLY to the tv via hdmi, dp unplugged.

Also, installed the ssdt for my processor, ill attach it here as well.

Attachments

• io jones (HDMI to tv(.iojones
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • SSDT.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 103
Same. macOS/HDMI audio may not be possible with your graphics card.

Oh, I thought you said Pascal GPUs were now supported. Okay.

What if I use the HDMI slot on my MB?

As a last option, try downloading HDMIAudio.kext (search the whole forum) and place it in efi/Clover/kexts/other folder.

For me, SSDT just refused to work. But with that kext, my GTX 1070 is giving me proper HDMI audio via all the 4 ports at the back. (3 DP ports and 1 HDMI)

Worth giving it one last shot.

Seriously? you have it up and running on the same card I own? nice. Would you mind sharing it with me? I can't seem to find it, and I also don't know the correct one for my cpu, and since you have the same one...

Hi guys I have ran the command typed yes but getting a lock beside password and it won't let me enter my password any idead

Seriously? you have it up and running on the same card I own? nice. Would you mind sharing it with me? I can't seem to find it, and I also don't know the correct one for my cpu, and since you have the same one...

I also have a GTX 1070. The Gigabyte mini. When using the kext or SSDT, I can only get HDMI audio over DVI port using an adaptor.
Hi guys I have ran the command typed yes but getting a lock beside password and it won't let me enter my password any idead

That shows up when your "status" needs to be elevated. Like when you do "su". This happens when you run the script and it gets to the point where it needs to connect and download the proper SSDT.

You wont be able to see what you are typing in but it is going in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 11.35.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 11.35.43 AM.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
Hello @toleda , I tried using the command method for getting HDMI audio to work on my ga-z170xp-sli with Intel HD530. Unfortunately I did not notice that this guide was not for Sierra.
Since I used the command method, the video of my PC is broken. I tried everything, from formatting hard disks, to reflashing the BIOS. What happens is that colors are darker, contrast looks higher at not all of the screen is shown. I also reset my monitor, but the problem still persists. The same also happens in Windows.Since you know exactly how the audio fix method suggested works, can you help me restore my system and fix the issue? Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you very much.

Hello,

I am struggling to get Audio working at all. I've tried running the Audio_cloverHDMI command multiple times, responding to the prompts in Terminal. It seems to go fine and then when I restart, nothing changes. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back