Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1)Description of problem: I don't know if its just me but of out of 3 times that I plugged in my HDMI cable, 2 caused the system to completely crash, mouse completely frozen as well as keyboard, only solution was to turn the system of via the power button of the case and then restart. This happened while having my system connected via DisplayPort to my 4k monitor. The one time it worked I could see the image just fine on both displays but I had no HDMI audio.

2) Sierra 10.12.4/gigabyte z170x-ud3/F6/i7 6700/asus rog gtx 1070

3) Did nothing yet. Waiting on what should I do to solve HDMI audio and possibly the freezing thing as well.

4)Attached.

5)Attached

6)Attached. (I'm not sure if I did this one the right way though, I copied the whole log and did a text document with that as I had no such option as Console/File/Save a Copy As...)

7)Attached.

8) In all honesty I don't know what you mean by this. I have no app named chameleon and after googling searching a bit I think it's a boot loader. Downloaded it and it said in big red letters "Do not install in mackintosh systems", not sure if I should install it anyway or what. So yeah, would appreciate if you could explain me further on this and I'll by all means upload whatever you need.

9) Attached, although my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ has nothing in it.

Thanks.

PD: It seems I can't attach rtf files, so I zipped them and attached that.
PD2: I have the feel I did not did what I am supposed to since I didn't quite have the options you specified but well, let me know.

Attachments

• Alejo’s iMac.iojones
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 234
  • DPCI Manager Status.png
    DPCI Manager Status.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 124
  • patched.png
    patched.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 114
  • System Information.png
    System Information.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Boot log and console.zip
    46.3 KB · Views: 80
had no HDMI audio.
No macOS native HDMI audio on non native hardware. Purpose of this thread.
HDMI audio does not solve hot plug crash problem. Off topic.
Did nothing yet.
Confirmed, no HDMI audio; nothing installed. Useless post.
Post #1, cloverHDMI
Reply with new files

No macOS native HDMI audio on non native hardware. Purpose of this thread.
HDMI audio does not solve hot plug crash problem. Off topic.

Confirmed, no HDMI audio; nothing installed. Useless post.
Post #1, cloverHDMI
Reply with new files

I apologize, since post #1 on this thread has a ton of methods, I was unsure which one to use. Let's go again:

1)Description of problem: No HDMI audio.
2)Sierra 10.12.4/gigabyte z170x-ud3/F6/i7 6700/asus rog gtx 1070
3)Attached.
4)Attached.
5)Attached.
6)I copied the whole console an exported as a TextEdit file, as I have no Console/File/Save a Copy As... option. Attached.
7)Attached.
9)Attached.

Note: I have no EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml file, I have the one which the script created, anyway, I'll also upload a screenshot of the patched folder contents.
Note 2: I run the script while only the TV HDMI display was connected, DP was fully unplugged from PC. However, I gathered all this information while PC was connected via DP only, as my TV is pretty up in my room and its sorta uncomfortable to use the PC on the TV for something else than watching movies. If I need to gather all this info while the PC is ONLY connected to the TV let me know and I'll start over.
Note 3: On steps 1 and 2 (CloverHDMI and TestDrive) I had to do nothing, correct?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Alejo’s iMac.iojones
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • boot log.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 99
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 172
  • console log.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 161
  • dpci manager.png
    dpci manager.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 145
  • patched folder contents.png
    patched folder contents.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 124
  • SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 91
  • system informastion.png
    system informastion.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Terminal Saved Output copy.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 101
ssdt is working. Monitor does not show an audio codec in IOReg. Try a different port.

You mean a different HDMI port on my graphics card or on my MB? I assumed I needed to plug it to the gpu, correct?

I connected ONLY the HDMI to TV and GPU, DP totally unplugged and audio was still going through my normal speakers and I was unable to choose "SONY TV" as the output device. :(

Also, you did read "note2" of my above post, right?

I will try another port on the GPU but doubt that'll make any change, if I can do anything further besides that please let me know!

you did read "note2" of my above post
Yes.
The ssdt enables DP and HDMI audio.
Most Pascal, the HDMI connector does not work.
Use DP for test purposes. Verify all DP ports.
Attach IOReg with DP connected.

Yes.
The ssdt enables DP and HDMI audio.
Most Pascal, the HDMI connector does not work.
Use DP for test purposes. Verify all DP ports.
Attach IOReg with DP connected.

You mean IOReg while DP is connected to monitor and nothing else? If that's the case then I'll attach it to this post.

btw, my tv doesn't have a DP slot if that helps.

Attachments

• io jones (dp to monitor).iojones
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back