Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Script uses device_id to inject working framebuffer. Your device_id is not in the script, to be added for next release.
IOReg shows 0x16190000. not sure how you broke graphics

No Intel HDMI audio codec, no HDMI audio possible.
Verify BIOS is set properly.

What BIOS setting should I be looking for? Currently primary display is set to (SG=Switched Graphics) in BIOS. I don't think my graphics is broken because acceleration is working fine. Also, what entry in ioreg should be there for HDMI audio codec (so I can check myself after modifying BIOS settings). Thanks.

Why did you rename the ssdt?
ssdt did not load, where did you install it?
Attach missing files from Post #1/Problem Reporting
Hi,

So here's the deal…I have but your suggestions SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml, In to E/C/A/patched within my own dsdt.aml, and ssdt.aml (both acpi tables are extracted from linux).

At the Clover config.plist I added ‘Drop OEM’ and ‘Use SystemIO’ so all Acpi patched are definitely loaded!?

After I fired up laptop again, there are only Vram 7MB and NO extended monitor signal at all (microHDMI connected to TV). And Wifi Patch stopped working after select ’Drop OEM’.
I have also tried with another suggestions, with no luck so far (files are attached). If you can take a look, please?
Everything else are working fine, as i mentioned before.Within working internal speakers, headphones, mic etc..
Only missing HDMI audio at the moment!
reminder that my laptop is Lenovo i7-7500U IntelHD620 inside.
Using rehabman’s FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID.kext and AppleHDA_alc236.kext all kext are installed L/E.

Thanks for you help!

Attachments

• Another Patch.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
  • Toleda Patch.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
At the Clover config.plist I added ‘Drop OEM’ and ‘Use SystemIO’ so all Acpi patched are definitely loaded!?
Big mistake, remove. Restart
Attach with new files, include config.plist

Big mistake, remove. Restart
Attach with new files, include config.plist
Aah, I thought all the time that i need to have 'drop oem = YES in config.plist to cast my ssdt.
Disable drop oem from config.plist is still the same situation, with no external signal via hdmi. i'm missing here something?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    595 KB · Views: 71
i'm missing here something?
This thread does not support Kaby Lake HDMI audio at this time. The HD530 ssdt is for Skylake, remove.
Reinstall FakePCIID kexts. Restart.
Mount EFI partiton
Run Post #1/cloverHDMI
Answer y when asked to confirm connector patches
Answer y when asked to confirm Port 0x6 patch
Restart
Reply with new files

This thread does not support Kaby Lake HDMI audio at this time. The HD530 ssdt is for Skylake, remove.
Reinstall FakePCIID kexts. Restart.
Mount EFI partiton
Run Post #1/cloverHDMI
Answer y when asked to confirm connector patches
Answer y when asked to confirm Port 0x6 patch
Restart
Reply with new files
Thanks Toleda, for your time once again!!
I did what you asked, and i was never be able to boot to desktop KP. So i was able to disable "t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x6-DP2HDM" from Clover (latest release 3994) Binaries Patching>Custom Kexts Patches> On the FLY.
And after that it booted to desktop and i disable it from config.plist too. Files Attach.
Heres ioreg and config.plist.
Thanks again!

PS. I removed ssdt530 from E/C/A/Patched, and HDMI singnal is OK, with no audio :)

Attachments

• audiCloverHDMI installed.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 85
  • DSDT and Kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I did use your script to enable HDMI audio on my GTX980ti. If I start your script first time the script does not see any HDMI audio. I test a SSDT of a similar system (correct the entries from BR3A to BR2A, because my IO Explorer seems to find Card there). After that in Systemprofiler HDMI/Displayport Audio is shown in Systemprofiler but not selectable in Audio Setup. When I run your script now it shows me some infos (see attached screenshot). After running all (the script is seeing the HDMI Audio again at BR3A) and did a reboot there is no sound and the HDMI/Displayport Audio in Systemprofiler is going too. (Not there anymore)

I have to say... I have two GFX in the system. 1 for Windows (GTX1080) and 1 for OS X (GTx980ti). How can I enable the HDMI Audio of the GTX980ti (of course, usable in Audio Setup too). Webdrivers are installed and working fine.

Setup is:
  • OSX 10.12.3
  • ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS
  • 2x E5-2699 V4
  • GTX 980ti (Webdrivers installed and working fine)
  • GTX 1080 (Not used in OS X, only for Windows)

Thanks in advance

Greets

Attachments

• hdmi.jpg
    hdmi.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hello, the update from El Capitan to Sierra broke my HDMI Audio on my HD 4600.

As far as problem reporting goes:
1. There is no HDMI device in System Preferences->Sound->Output. On El Capitan, using cloverHDMI-110.command worked as expected, HDMI device was present in Output pane.
2. Sierra 10.12.3/Gigabyte B85-HD3/F10/Intel i3-4330/Intel HD 4600
cloverHDMI: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command.zip (Download/select View Raw)
  1. Intel/AMD/Nvidia: HDMI audio ssdt > EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  2. Intel: DP2HDMI framebuffer edits > EFI/CLOVER/config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches
4. Copy of IORegExplorer enclosed.
5. Copy of Console/All Messages enclosed.
6. Copy of AppleHDA.kext enclosed.
7. does not apply
8. config.plist, Clover debug file and .aml file enclosed.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • cloverHDMI output.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 80
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Console output.txt
    251.2 KB · Views: 580
  • IOReg.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 73
  • Clover debug.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 163
  • SSDT-HDMI-HD4600+.aml
    386 bytes · Views: 109
able to disable "t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x6-DP2HDM"
Mixed 2 different graphics methods; impossible to know with missing config.plist
For HDMI audio, patch removed is required, try
1. disable: t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-4_displays
2. enable: t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x6-DP2HDM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back