Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verified no permissions issues. Did you move the file?

No. Saved as .command to desktop using the "raw" link as specified and when I double click to execute that's what happens. I have read/write privileges etc. This is also the routine I have used with other audio scripts and no issues with them.

running sudo chmod 755 and executing this is the result (I have tried this from root, from Desktop and Downloads)

Code:
/Desktop/audio_cloverHDMI-120.command: cannot execute binary file

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

There is also another issue - a bit off topic here... but mounting EFI volumes in Sierra seems to be a bit of a mess... Updated Clover Configurator again and whatever it mounts always seems to be an empty folder... Similarly if I use terminal to mount I get a "no such file message" even though I am mounting the correct partition. I have to use a combination of the two to get specific EFI volumes to mount properly, Not sure why this issue is occurring. But this is not the cause of the script not executing!

Last edited:
No. Saved as .command to desktop
Why?
No known Sierra EFI mount issues.
How do you know what is the correct partition?
Issues are unique to your install; suggest a clean install.

Why?
No known Sierra EFI mount issues.
How do you know what is the correct partition?
Issues are unique to your install; suggest a clean install.
why why? Have to save it off to run the command... and running it gives the error! Can only get it to execute at all with 755 permission

Correct partition ->
1. in Configurator/Mount EFI - Check Partition/Mount Efi partition returns blank in Sierra
2. Using Diskutil List I can also identify the correct EFI partition and mount using

Code:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk*s* /Volumes/efi

but this returns a "no such file" To be able to mount the FEI partition currently on DP7 I have to use both and eventually it mounts and is accessible through the finder...

I identify the partition as it's the one on the Volume where I have Sierra installed and the same volume I installed Clover to to boot it.... disk*s1

(for testing and troubleshooting I have clover installed on separate drives - one of these is my main EL Capitan Boot Drive the other is Sierra. I access the boot loader at boot time with F12 and boot accordingly - to run Sierra I am booting off a dedicated bootloader).

This IS a clean install! Just reinstalled it to solve issues with NVidia Driver not being recognised.. Now it is but there is no HDMI audio...

This mount issue was present in my original install of DP4 and subsequent updates. Current install is a CLEAN download of DP7

disk*s1 is not correct, use diskutil list to determine volume.
I do. I put the * in there because this actually changes on successive boots. may be disk0s1 one boot but disk4s0 on the next.....

I do mount the correct volume (Screenshot here for example disk4s1)
Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 1.57.32 PM.png

However.... as I said before, this is another issue. Its a fresh install and I am still having an issue getting the HDMI command script to execute properly,, Permissions issue in the first instance and then the error when it does execute with 755. I did not have any such issue with the system audio script which I dealt within the same manner i.e.

1) Mounting the correct EFI Volume
2) downloading the script and saving it via Raw View to my desktop (or other directory) as .command
3) executing the script by double click or drag to terminal window
4) (depending on success of script actually running) - following the q&a
5) rebooting

Simply cannot get the HDMI script to execute....or run as expected if it does,,,

Last edited:
Script runs from Desktop, Downloads, etc.
Remove current file, download again.
I have done so several times over the past few days and every time it is the same result... which is why I posted here originally.... perhaps I should try find a way of videoing it!!!

Problem specific to your system.
See [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v3.pdf.zip, use ssdt method.

I'll give it a try. I am curious though as to why an ssdt patch. I have HDMI working fine via the GTX 750 Ti to both The Samsung Series 3 and my Asus Monitor (Display Port to HDMI) in El Capitan. The only patches I have (or have needed) in Clover are The XOSI patch, a Speed Step ssdt and a DSDT (not sure why I created that one...) which led me to think this might just be an nVidia driver issue,,, as this particular driver has been patched since DP3 rather than revised or updated by nVidia. Could I be right? Perhaps the patch was more of a workaround to get the graphics working without looking at the audio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back