Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I dropped Sleepenabler.kext in E/E then dropped the Extensions folder on Kext Ultility rebooted and lost audio. Something wrong with the Extensions cashe?

Fresh install not using a DSDT.

swedish_meatball said:
Hi all,

I dropped Sleepenabler.kext in E/E then dropped the Extensions folder on Kext Ultility rebooted and lost audio. Something wrong with the Extensions cashe?

Fresh install not using a DSDT.

Could be an issue with VoodooHDA- is that what'yr using for audio?

Yes, I installed voodoohda.kext from multibeast and got it working. But I noticed that iBoot install drops it in extra/extensions while multibeast drops it in system/extensions. Why is this?

swedish_meatball said:
Yes, I installed voodoohda.kext from multibeast and got it working. But I noticed that iBoot install drops it in extra/extensions while multibeast drops it in system/extensions. Why is this?

It's a bug- I actually had removed VoodooHDA from 2 out of the 3 EasyBeasts, and will be gone completely from EasyBeast for the next revision. :eek: :p

Ok. Any way to get voodoohda working from extra/extensions? like it was on fresh install. Right now I have this kext in two places.

swedish_meatball said:
Ok. Any way to get voodoohda working from extra/extensions? like it was on fresh install. Right now I have this kext in two places.

Well, delete it from /S/L/E, and run MultiBeast's disk utilities.

tonymacx86 said:
swedish_meatball said:

Well, delete it from /S/L/E, and run MultiBeast's disk utilities.

That worked, thanks :clap:

Same problem here, sort of. NOT using VoodooAudio however, and not using SleepEnabler.

What I did was get sleep to work pretty much 100% via DSDT, so eg: fans off and wakeup from keyboard is working.

Before fixing sleep, I had audio both digital and analogue; using DSDT (slightly modified from what's in the package, but that's not really relevant), LegacyHDA (5/09 version), and 10.6.1 HDA chucked into /S/L/E.

After fixing sleep, I get no audio on power-up. Well, no analogue. TOSLINK out works, didn't test SPDIF in yet.

I DO get full audio (analogue+digital) after sleeping and resuming. A few pops on analogue startup.

I've tried a few things (add PIN config in DSDT, but no impact; seems like mixer/preamp paths or audio PA is not getting enabled at boot as I also get pops on analogue audio start even when it is working) but so far no luck.

So I am wondering:
a) swedish meatball - does your audio work after a sleep??
b) does anyone know a fix for the problem?
c) or is no-one else having this problem?

Figure that the underlying issue may be the same, else I'd happily start a new thread on this specific issue.

Have you updated to the latest UD2 bios? Also, if you're using your own custom files, you might take a look in my signature- and use some of the stuff there under MY EFI. No CPU specific or Graphics-specific info, besides NVenabler in /Extra. Might be a good basis for comparison- also there are some new tweaks in that LegacyHDA-

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=870

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the incredibly fast reply!

I was about to be able to say that you are making Hackintoshing way too easy :D as upgrading to the newer LegacyHDA seems to have fixed the no analogue audio @ power-up, as well as enabling use of stock 10.6.2 AppleHDA....nice.

Then I tried TOSLINK...that's hosed, but I hope is just verbs needing to be looked at.
Also for some reason, I can no longer wake from kbd (not such a big deal).
(Just tried both 0x03 and 0x04 as the second _PWR arguments on UHCs, no joy so far).

So I've still some hacking to do this weekend!

Seriously, this site is a great resource and what you've done and do for the community is pretty amazing. Thanks again.

P.S. Still on F7. Guess I should try F8, but the (less than brilliant) release notes from GA did not indicate much to be gained.
PPS. UD2 v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back