Contribute
Register

AUDIO FIX - Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H DDR3 - macOS 10.13.6 (17G9016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
GTX 970
After some youtube videos, I finally decide to build an Hackintosh. Fortunately, I had an fully compatible mid spec DESKTOP to try out with HIGH SIERRA. After a week studying, I was able to make things happen (with the help of MultiBeast, of course). The thing is:

- I want to use the REAR AUDIO and the FRONT MIC/AUDIO.

With Multibeast I was able to install AppleALC and Realtek ALC892 codec, which allowed me to use the front audio (only if I plug the jack with system already running (wtf?)), but I still can't use the front mic and rear audio.

I tried the VOODOOHDA this week. I installed with MultiBeast (I know, not the best option), and it worked. Well, not 100%, the audio worked perfectly, so was the microphone, but the system boot was slow and freezing sometimes. I removed the VOODOOHDA kext, and reinstalled APPLE ALC and ALC 892 with Multibeast.

Right now, I am only able to use front audio (only working when I plug the jack before the system start, I can't understand that, doesn't make any sense).

The question is:

- What can I do to make things work correctly ? Install VOODOOHDA without MultiBeast ? Try out other Apple ALC kext (if this even exist) ?

* I only had less than a month of Hackintosh experience, please don't judge me, I just want help with a simple thing.
* Dual Boot - Windows 10 - Differents Drives

- Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H DDR3
- macOS 10.13.6 (17G9016)
- Skylake i5
- Gtx 970

Last edited:
Hi, @morfeu13. Did you have any success with this build? I have the same board running an older MacOS and would like to update to Catalina.
Can you share your EFI folder? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back