i5 2500k
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, my mountion lion is working perfectly except the audio does not work.. I used Realtek in multibeast, and i tried so man times and it doesnt work

I have a Gigabyte z68x ud3h b3, and intel i5 2500k

Hello, my mountion lion is working perfectly except the audio does not work.. I used Realtek in multibeast, and i tried so man times and it doesnt work

I have a Gigabyte z68x ud3h b3, and intel i5 2500k

I have the same board and cpu, having the same problem. If I find a fix for it, I'll post here with it. I've tried Multibeast and the file from here, but neither of them work:

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 pack - Downloads - OSx86.net

I have the same MB and have working audio under Mountain Lion.

My setup may be slightly different than yours, as I am running the UEFI BIOS (U1H) and therefore am working without a DSDT.

To enable audio for my 889 Audio chipset, I run Multibeast and select ONLY these two:

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts and Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Non-DSDT HDA Enabler -> √ ALC889

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts and Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Patched Apple HDA -> √ ALC889

Make sure that you don't have a lot of legacy install audio kexts cluttering up your System/Library/Extensions folder, too. If you've got other Multibeast-installed audio kexts in there, remove them using KextWizard, rebuild permissions and reboot.

Hopefully this helps.

fix

My setup may be slightly different than yours, as I am running the UEFI BIOS (U1H) and therefore am working without a DSDT.

To enable audio for my 889 Audio chipset, I run Multibeast and select ONLY these two:

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts and Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Non-DSDT HDA Enabler -> √ ALC889

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts and Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Patched Apple HDA -> √ ALC889

Make sure that you don't have a lot of legacy install audio kexts cluttering up your System/Library/Extensions folder, too. If you've got other Multibeast-installed audio kexts in there, remove them using KextWizard, rebuild permissions and reboot.

Hopefully this helps.

If you're using a DSDT (like I do), just select Patched Apple HDA and ALC899 in that tree. No need for Non-DSDT HDA. I have the same board and this works for me.

Audio does work? Gigabyte z68x ud3h b3

Thank you singj! I have the same MB v1.3 w UEFI U1l (L), HD3000, and ML 10.8.3. Had everything working but sound. With your advice, sound now works.

Awesome!

Must be time to break it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back