Contribute
Register

Audio distortion with Probook 4540s and 10.8.5 (supp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
I'm getting weird audio with my new Probook 4540s. See the attached video - it sounds like it's sort of stuttering. The machine is running 10.8.5 with the supplemental update.

I searched this forum and found that some other people had similar issues. Based on those threads, I tried two potential solutions: upgrading to the F.42 BIOS and switching to the beta version of Chrome. But neither of these fixed the problem. It's hard to predict when the distortion is going to happen, but it gets progressively worse once it starts.

Is the known problem with Chrome supposed to be fixed if I'm using the latest beta? Any other details you all can offer to help me track this down?

Thanks,
Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_0118.MOV.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 86
It is not fixed in Chrome. You can work around this by disabling its built-in Adobe Flash plugin (PepperFlashPlayer.plugin) or use any other browser.

Make sure you downloaded and installed Adobe Flash plugin separately. You can verify it in "Preferences" window - should contain "Flash Player" icon.

Type in address: chrome://plugins

if you do not see details, click on blue "+ Details" icon on the right top.

Make sure after edits your Flash plugin config looks similar to the picture. After you finish edits, close Chrome (Apple+Q). And enjoy distortion free audio. You can verify it with this video - audio issues would start in 3-4 mins (without changes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2fDOO7tiLo

Attachments

• Messages Image(706649069).png
    Messages Image(706649069).png
    75.7 KB · Views: 145
It is not fixed in Chrome. You can work around this by disabling its built-in Adobe Flash plugin (PepperFlashPlayer.plugin) or use any other browser.

Make sure you downloaded and installed Adobe Flash plugin separately. You can verify it in "Preferences" window - should contain "Flash Player" icon.

Type in address: chrome://plugins

if you do not see details, click on blue "+ Details" icon on the right top.

Make sure after edits your Flash plugin config looks similar to the picture. After you finish edits, close Chrome (Apple+Q). And enjoy distortion free audio. You can verify it with this video - audio issues would start in 3-4 mins (without changes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2fDOO7tiLo

Between this Chrome bug and the "flickering gradient" bug, Chrome is almost annoying enough to switch to a different browser. I might have to try Firefox for a while...

This works. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back