i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HELP!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

AUDIO GET DISTORTED under iTunes after 3 minutes of playing ... after having upgraded to 11.4 !!!

tried re-applying Toleda patch --> nothing!
tried revert to 11.3 AppleHDA --> nothing!
tried removing CodecCommander --> nothing!

Audio is NOT distorted in youtube under Safari, or Chrome though. Machine in profile ... GA Z170X Gaming 5 .

I have the same issue with iTunes and in vlc as well, and i noticed something..

If system sounds like receiving an email has to be mixed in, distortion occurs immediately while that sound is playing..
Same occurs when using audio mixer setup with sound flower.

ps. @Azimuth1 please don't think I'm a stalker, just happen to have the same issue as you do ;)

I have the same issue with iTunes and in vlc as well, and i noticed something..

If system sounds like receiving an email has to be mixed in, distortion occurs immediately while that sound is playing..
Same occurs when using audio mixer setup with sound flower.

ps. @Azimuth1 please don't think I'm a stalker, just happen to have the same issue as you do ;)

thanks ... the problem is we have the same mobo, and nobody seems to find a solution ... sigh! :banghead:

I'm in the lucky seat of having a set of razer banshee headphones, so I can live until a fix is found. I swear, i never should have upgraded though, everything was running smooth before...

Maybe did you update Clover to r3368? This happened to me after updating even on 11.3. So now i am using r3346 and everything works great!

Maybe did you update Clover to r3368? This happened to me after updating even on 11.3. So now i am using r3346 and everything works great!

Wow! Thanks for this suggestion. I also updated to 3368 at the same time I updated to 10.11.4. Reverted to 3354 and it's working fine again!!

Thanks! that is definitely an option then, I went the non-logical route and installed voodoohda, sound running smooth now :)

yeah ... I too installed VoodooHDA 2.8.8 v.3 and audio is back again ... plus the v.3 gives you the possibility to put VooDoo directly in Clover EFI so it's a clean install after all, even if it's not an official kext it does sound excellently.

And it resolves also a minor problem. with Toleda Patch and AppleHDA I've always needed to install CodecCommander in S/L/E* or otherwise I'd not have audio after sleep.

The problem is that I had audio after sleep only with Darkwake=0 set in Clover. If I leave Darkwake not set (as it should be in a desktop), audio does NOT come back after sleep... as I've already pointed out here .

Thanks for pointing out the version of Clover as culprit :thumbup: , I thought I'd never get there by myself !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back