Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
I'm not sure when it happened. It was not that way originally after my post install of Mojave 10.14.1. Maybe it happened after the upgrade to 10.14.2.

My device names started showing up in another language. I removed the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E and reinstalled it from a backup file of the same version using KextBeast. It's back to English now. Odd.

Has anyone had this problem recently? I've seen this problem in older threads and that's what lead my to reinstalling the AppleHDA.kext.

Last edited:
Here's what it looked like before reinstalling AppleHDA.kext (v 282.10):

K1HK19q.png
vayb441.png

And here is after reinstalling AppleHDA.kext (v 282.10) with KextBeast to S/L/E:

I5DTAWF.png

vEHnZQt.png

The "(S)" at the end of the device names showed up after I installed the Sound Control app.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hdmi-volume-control.265451/

All of the sound output devices were duplicated with an “(S)” appended. I use that app to control the HDMI volume. The change in language occurred sometime later.

Last edited:
This happened again after an update to 10.14.2 on an identical build to the one I started this thread with. I have 4 similar builds. I deleted the AppleHDA.kext (v 282.10) and reinstalled an AppleHDA.kext (v 282.10) from the original install of Mojave. Yes, the same version. I'm back to English. Still odd. I don't have the Sound Control app installed on this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back