Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I'm in need of audio for my laptop. Everything but that is working, on Windows it is a Realtek ALC-3221, but I cannot find anywhere on the internet. Does anyone here have any idea of how I can enable it?

Thanks, Mark.

Hey, I'm in need of audio for my laptop. Everything but that is working, on Windows it is a Realtek ALC-3221, but I cannot find anywhere on the internet. Does anyone here have any idea of how I can enable it?

Thanks, Mark.

What is the codec id in hex?

Sorry, but how do I find that?

Sounds way too complicated, I'll just live without it

Sounds way too complicated, I'll just live without it

Not too complicated... It is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Cheers man, but I don't have any access to Linux..is there not an easier way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back