Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Audio crackling/noise vc on Mojave - Realtek ALC283 [S

Status
Not open for further replies.
The script gen_debug couldn't generate the IOReg and archived a generic IOreg instead.

Here's my real IOREG.

Tks

Attachments

• Cristiano’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 73
The script gen_debug couldn't generate the IOReg and archived a generic IOreg instead.

Here's my real IOREG.

Tks

I already commented in post #20. Same comment applies to this ioreg.

low-key threadjacking for future readers, but I solved my issue.

Before, SysPref>Sound didn't show my input/output correctly until I plugged in my headphones, and then my headphone output was distorted. Internal speakers and microphone were fine, and I could airplay and use bluetooth speakers without issue.

The reason my sound was messed up was because CodecCommander was reading an "SSDT-AppleALC.aml" I c+p'ed off Rehabman's repo without modifying it. That SSDT was generic and didn't fit my hardware. After replacing that with "SSDT-ALC283.aml" my audio works correctly without any further modifications.

My final config is AppleALC, CodecCommander.kext + alc-layout-id=3 in clover + SSDT-ALC283.aml for perfectly working audio.

EDIT: I changed something trivial and it broke. Turns out AppleALC, CodecCommander.kext + alc-layout-id=3, lilubeta, + SSDT-AppleALC, SSDT-ALC283.aml isn't the answer. I'm still trying to figure out what to do...

Last edited:
low-key threadjacking for future readers, but I solved my issue.

Before, SysPref>Sound didn't show my input/output correctly until I plugged in my headphones, and then my headphone output was distorted. Internal speakers and microphone were fine, and I could airplay and use bluetooth speakers without issue.

The reason my sound was messed up was because CodecCommander was reading an "SSDT-AppleALC.aml" I c+p'ed off Rehabman's repo without modifying it. That SSDT was generic and didn't fit my hardware. After replacing that with "SSDT-ALC283.aml" my audio works correctly without any further modifications.

My final config is AppleALC, CodecCommander.kext + alc-layout-id=3 in clover + SSDT-ALC283.aml for perfectly working audio.

EDIT: I changed something trivial and it broke. Turns out AppleALC, CodecCommander.kext + alc-layout-id=3, lilubeta, + SSDT-AppleALC, SSDT-ALC283.aml isn't the answer. I'm still trying to figure out what to do...
I have the same Laptop and same problem. Do you fix this ?

tyr to open Audio MIDI setup and change these settings
Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 09.54.51.png

Hi everybody.

I'm experiencing one annoying issue with audio crackling and noise on headphones.
This affects only headphones, not the internal speakers of notebook.

Curiously, when I first plugin the headphone and start listening music on eg. Spotify, I've noted no crackling or noise, but when I increase or decrease volume level (through menubar or keyboard key) the sound become crackling and voice become unaudible (with noises, other frequencies are also affected).

What I've tried so far:

1. Changing format in Audio MIDI Setup app. No luck.
2. Decreased level of one channel in Audio MIDI Setup. No crackling/noise, but I loose audio quality since basses are off.

Environment:

macOS Mojave Final Build 18A391
Realtek ALC283
Audio injected through AppleALC with fix for layout-id 3 (by vit9696)
Vanilla AppleHDA
layout-id injected with SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-RMCF (method by RehabMan)

Tks.
Just try to go to MIDI setup and play around with format (48 khz 16 bit and so on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back