Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Audio crackling/noise vc on Mojave - Realtek ALC283 [S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've included an imgur album of the different syspref>sound screens I see with the different layouts @ https://imgur.com/a/yEz6YXH

Audio worked perfectly on 10.12.6 with your AppleHDA_ALC283.kext + config.plist patches, but after upgrading to 10.14 Mojave those patches didn't work, and I moved to AppleALC+Lilu. I can only see a smaller subset of the available audio outputs. These outputs sound fine with no distortion when I can them. What should I try next?

Attachments

• debug_12327.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
I've included an imgur album of the different syspref>sound screens I see with the different layouts @ https://imgur.com/a/yEz6YXH

Audio worked perfectly on 10.12.6 with your AppleHDA_ALC283.kext + config.plist patches, but after upgrading to 10.14 Mojave those patches didn't work, and I moved to AppleALC+Lilu. I can only see a smaller subset of the available audio outputs. These outputs sound fine with no distortion when I can them. What should I try next?

With my Lenovo u430 (also ALC283), I'm using layout-id=3 with AppleALC.

Since layout-id 3 isn't working for me, should I be working on verbs and whatnot in order to make my own custom layout id?

Do you know of any helpful resources? I really didn't want to do this because it seems really difficult, but I think that's what I am supposed to do next when all of the current layouts don't work.

Since layout-id 3 isn't working for me, should I be working on verbs and whatnot in order to make my own custom layout id?

Do you know of any helpful resources? I really didn't want to do this because it seems really difficult, but I think that's what I am supposed to do next when all of the current layouts don't work.

Did you forget CodecCommander.kext?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

CodecCommander present in /L/E/. Should be available in the previous attached debug zip. No changes have been made since then.

Audio is still present after sleeping on available outputs, so CodecCommander is waking up the external amps alright.

preview: Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f807d7d0b70 [0x7fff99d668e0]> { URL = "CodecCommander.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }

Last edited:
Should be available in the previous attached debug zip. No changes have been made since then.

Your ioreg proves you're not using layout-id=3 (it shows 11).

Something unusual happened! I changed alc-layout-id to 3, and in SysPref>Sound Outputs has Internal Speakers and Inputs has Internal Microphone. Previously, Inputs only had Line-In. Thoughts?

Headphone output still only gives random noise/whining. Internal speakers and microphone still work. New debug attached.

EDIT: After sleep, internal microphone changed and became Line-in. It doesn't pick up any signal when I talk to it. I haven't tried plugging something into the headphone output yet.

Attachments

• debug_18976.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Something unusual happened! I changed alc-layout-id to 3, and in SysPref>Sound Outputs has Internal Speakers and Inputs has Internal Microphone. Previously, Inputs only had Line-In. Thoughts?

layout-id affects which patched AppleHDA XML is used.
XML affects inputs/outputs available and how they correlate with audio codec node topology.

Hi RehabMan!

I updated my notebook to 10.14.1 and the problem with audio crackling/noise come back.

Can u help me investigate the problem this time?

Here's the Problem Reporting Ultra Pack generated.

Tks.

Attachments

• debug_6027.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 82
Hi RehabMan!

I updated my notebook to 10.14.1 and the problem with audio crackling/noise come back.

Can u help me investigate the problem this time?

Here's the Problem Reporting Ultra Pack generated.

Tks.

You should always update to the latest kexts. Your ioreg proves you did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back