Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo B40-70
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400+R5 230M
Hello all,

I have successfully installed MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 on my Lenovo B40-70. I have followed the "booting from clover" guide to install the MacOS and the remaining DSDT patching guide to complete the rest of the installation. Now coming to the problem that I am facing right now:

I have installed AppleALC and the other required kexts as per the guide and my audio is working fine on my speakers. Also, I have got HDMI audio working fine without any problems. The main problem is when I connect my headphones, the audio works clearly (and loud) for also ~10-20 seconds, then switches to weird single channel mode where I can hear the music but not the lyrics (or vice-versa).

A weird anomaly: When I open my sound settings from Preferences and switch to the input tab, the audio comes back but goes back to the same state mentioned above after few seconds.

I was almost close to a perfect working build except when I encountered this issue. I have attached my debug zip with this post.

EDIT 12/03/2019: Fix found:
I got a fix for this issue, turns out its a headphone detection issue, hence I found the ALCPlugFix from the following post:

ALC Plug Fix

I think there are a couple of posts regarding this. Finally, I have got a fully working build (WiFi issue will be solved once I get a new card ;) )

Laptop Specs:
Model: Lenovo B40-70
Processor: Intel Core i3 4005U
Audio: ALC235
RAM: 12 GB DDR3-1600MHz
SSD: 256GB Samsung 830
GFX: Intel HD4400 and AMD R5 230M (disabled)
Resolution: 1980x1080

Attachments

• debug_32077.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Please, which tutorial you did follow? I have the same notebook and i having some driver issues!

I used the tutorial that is pinned in the forum, it basically helps to understand the whole process. Do follow it step-by-step and use the latest Clover version while booting. If you have any specific issues, you can post it, maybe I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back