Contribute
Register

Attention SandyBridge users... New Lnx2Mac RTL81xx available

Status
Not open for further replies.
JOtheHEADHUNTER said:
Success! All I needed to do was select 32-bit graphics enabler=no in Multibeast to get it booting from the HDD.

The driver works like a dream. Thank you for everything Lnx2Mac!

:D :D :D

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbup:

Thanks Lnx2Mac!

Just chiming in here to say that after installation of the RTL81xx i had a "dead" lan port. even though a cable was plugged in it was not recognizing it, no activity lights, etc.

I turned off my hack, unplugged it for 30 seconds, reboot and the activity lights came back on, ethernet works.

on another note, does anyone know where the wake on lan/demand feature would show in system profiler? interested to see if this works.

Working like a charm...........

rimmi2002 said:
Do I need to remove the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext file from Realtek Gigabyte Ethernet 2.06 install prior to installing this?

No, the installer handles this for you.

Worked perfectly here, installer was fantastic. Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks Lnx2Mac!

$The-King$ said:
Lnx2Mac said:
http://bit.ly/DeadNIC[/url]

and with your latest version 0.90 not work
810x is still not supported.

[quote:1nvq2ryj]is there hope for fixing the problem :(
There's always hope ;)[/quote:1nvq2ryj]
it works good under windows but no work on mac with realtek driver :crazy:

i didnt test driver and snow as i only use lion[/quote:1nvq2ryj]
Is it working for you ? Because I am also using Laptop with same chip

rimmi2002 said:
Do I need to remove the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext file from Realtek Gigabyte Ethernet 2.06 install prior to installing this?
I had to remove it manually from IONetworkFamily.kext/plugins. Lnx2Mac installer only dropped its driver in extentions and that was it. Maybe it depends where AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext was originally installed under root folder or inside of the IONetworkFamily.kext. Lnx2Mac works better for me.

wanye said:
rimmi2002 said:

No, the installer handles this for you.
Run the installation with the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90 installer twice (seems to work fine, no error messages ), but kextstat still shows AppleRTL8169Ethernet (1.1.4a5) loading ....

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back