Contribute
Register

Attention SandyBridge users... New Lnx2Mac RTL81xx available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this kext. I'm currently connected by WiFi but my card is recognized in the system profiler and in the System Preference. I'll try tomorrow by cable.
Nice work :headbang:
Check my sig for info

@linuxtomac
Have you tried reinstalling sound ? Care to describe your setup ?
gigabyte z86xp ud3...i5 .4ggs ram.
with the user dsdt works ok (F6). i tried the new release driver . and no sound. even if i run multi beast . over and over.selecting the option i always used. after the update to new driver was working ok, i didn't notice any difference on the speed.probably there is,
so y reinstall everything, from scratch. and is up and running . with the old driver, thanks for your effort.

Lnx2Mac said:
JOtheHEADHUNTER said:
I am using v0.0.90.

To pull the log, I used tail -f /var/log/kernel.log. Should I try another method of getting it?
Meet me on chat/

JOtheHEADHUNTER,
In our chat you said you are still booting from iBoot (as said, it won't help you installing v0.0.90 if you still use iBoot)...
Did you get your hack booting off chimera already ?

Badaboum03 said:
Thanks for this kext. I'm currently connected by WiFi but my card is recognized in the system profiler and in the System Preference. I'll try tomorrow by cable.
Nice work :headbang:

taoyh said:
prefect in Lion!

Thanks guys ! :wave:

Tried by cable today. Amazing, connected to my Gigabit router with Cat6 cable, the speed by cable was twice the speed by WiFi !

Working here too :thumbup: You're previous release didn't...Nice work thank you!

Lnx2Mac said:
JOtheHEADHUNTER,
In our chat you said you are still booting from iBoot (as said, it won't help you installing v0.0.90 if you still use iBoot)...
Did you get your hack booting off chimera already ?

Unfortunately no. I have not found a way to get around the blank gray screen after the apple loading screen. There must be some graphics setting I have to tweak, but I haven't discovered where to do that.

Success! All I needed to do was select 32-bit graphics enabler=no in Multibeast to get it booting from the HDD.

The driver works like a dream. Thank you for everything Lnx2Mac!

:D :D :D

Badaboum03 said:
Tried by cable today. Amazing, connected to my Gigabit router with Cat6 cable, the speed by cable was twice the speed by WiFi !
Just twice ? Wow, I bet your WiFi is fast ;)
BTW, that's the reason I gave up on WiFi... Got addicted to 1GbE speeds :)

alex_tzardea said:
Working here too :thumbup: You're previous release didn't...Nice work thank you!
:thumbup: Glad you like it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back