Contribute
Register

Attention SandyBridge users... New Lnx2Mac RTL81xx available

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 broken driver for me (Asus P8Z77-M Pro, ML 10.8.2).

Even during operation, pull the cable, wait 1 minute, plug it in and no valid IP connection (DHCP/static does not matter).

I really cherish the great work from Lnx2mac, but i also wish to find the driver released with source code on common platforms, like git etc, since it's based on other public drivers from linux (that's my understanding, please correct me if i'm wrong). Same is done for the E1000-Mac driver. I also believe with a greater developer community we can improve the driver.

I'm a little concerned to send all my IP with a closed source driver, provided/maintained by a single developer.

@lnx2mac: Any plans to go this way?

bye

The drivers are working fine for me on 10.8.2 and RTL8111E.

I installed a lot of different kexts and pretty sure I forgot to rebuild the cache a few times late late at night. That led to similar issues to what you three are describing. I resolved them by:
- CMOS reset
- Reconfigure BIOS
- Turn LAN off in BIOS
- Boot with -f
- Restart
- Turn LAN on in BIOS
- Boot with -f

Give it a try.

I'm running 10.8.3 on a GA-H77N-WIFI MB (8111F chipset) which works fine in all cases except when I power cycle my router. It appears I get a new IP address but the OS doesn't figure out I'm back 'online'. Power cycling the machine is the only way to get it out of this state.

That said, I'd be interested in beta testing this driver and/or helping with development (I'm a professional software developer). I can't send PMs yet so if Lnx2Mac sees this, PM me if you're interested in some help. :)

These drivers make no difference to me on my 10.8.2 system, but to be honest, I dont even see that they were used after I rebooted. My regular nics drivers work fine except for when i try to use bridge mode in vmware fusion and i completely lose network access in OSX (except the for the VM) and I have to reboot to restore it.

Kext name: AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
Version: 1.1.4a5

DRIVER IS BROKEN ON 10.8.2

- NIC shuts down after some time being in sleep mode
- DHCP doesn't properly gets assigned when PC comes back from sleep
- Unplugging the cable does the same thing
- Replugging in the cables does not obtain IP automatically
- Requires a complete power cycle (restart does not work) in order for NIC to work again

Any news for this annoing bug?

Seems i get stuck with this issue, but I can't seem to get it to work. Ethernet showing connected but pulling a 169.154 address. Seems the update is causing the problem and not sure how to fix other than restoring back to an older backup.... sucks...

Hello to all,

question:
I have installed a laptop with Sandy Bridge and a Realtek WiFi Card Mini PCI-e RTL 8187SE.
The driver offered by Lnx2mac Realtek81xx's only for Ethernet and not wireless?
I hope that I have understood that correctly. Then I can not use this driver?
I can never find a kext or drivers for my RTL 8187SE WiFi card ...
can someone please help me there?
many thanks

Hi Lnx2Mac,

You've done an amazing job and thanks for all your hard work.

Are you aware something seemed to break between 0.67 and 0.9 though? On my P8P67 Deluxe the 0.67 version give me the ability to WOL from power off (well shut down, obviously I stil have the ac connected and swithced on!) and WOL from sleep. However, 0.9 only gives me the ability to WOL from sleep. I am quite happy to stick with the 0.67 driver on this build as it works fine for me, but on my Zotac Z77 ITX Wi-Fi build the 0.67 version produces the lovely error messages you described in post #1 and as such results in no ethernet :( 0.9 works fine and gives WOL from sleep, but as stated with my other build, not from power off/shutdown. Do you know what may have caused this?

Cheers,

Thanks for helping out a lot of the community with this Lnx2Mac. For all you guys trying to get the ethernet working, I have a potentially easier solution...the official driver! I got my onboard 8111C working with this: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false Scroll down to the bottom and download the Lion driver. Works on Mavericks for me. Then wait for the agonizingly so server to finish your download:beachball::beachball::beachball:. Install it, use chameleon built in ethernet flag, and rock on :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back