Contribute
Register

Attention ALC888B Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not work for me. :| :|

post your system \library \extension

hacman said:
I know two method to get sound for alc888b codex , but only internal speaker only :( , i need all out put like alc888 . so force me to do lot of search and finally got it :D

method to get golden sound :idea: (not mine ) :lol:

step 1 : remove any alc8xx or voodoo from extra\extension and system \library\ extension

step 2: run given alc887HDA.kext using kext utility

step 3: run multi beast check system utilities \ apple hda rollback \Non dsdt HDA enabler alc887\888b run reboot :thumbup:

Great thanks to: tony , macman and dpsuperfly :headbang:

Thank You! Your solution works great with Lion @ GA-P61A-D3 with ALC887

drDuse said:
Thank You! Your solution works great with Lion @ GA-P61A-D3 with ALC887

:clap: :D

Help Please!

I just update my G41m-ES2L to Mountain Lion. I have the ALC888b sound card and cannot get it to work. Everything else is working though. When I did this audio technique you have here devices showed up in the settings and the sound bar moves as well however I am unable to hear any audio from my speakers :/ please help!

Great thread needs to be updated for Lion 10.7.x

Lost an MB and was running Snow Leapoard. Replaced with a 55m-S2h F7 and purchased Lion but after clean install found out I hd the dreaded ALC888b. Used your thread here to diagnose the problem. Sound device would never show up. Fixed it with non DSTD enabler and the patched AppleHDA from multi beast but was not clear was that you don't use the Apple Rollback.

I tried this fix but to no avail. I'm still experiencing ZERO sound.

I'm running Lion on an GA-G41M-ES2L, patched to 10.7.4.

Any thoughts?

Thank you HacMan. Audio working on G41M-ES2L with Mountain Lion (RAWR) =)

Still can't get it to work on 10.8.2 using G41M-ES2L Rev1.1. All was working great on 10.7.4 using first post method, but no luck on ML - any suggestions?

I did DSDT install using some file found here, then Install Lnx2Mac Realtek driver and that's it - everything worked except for audio, no matter what i try to install.

UPDATE.

Nevermind, solved.

MultiBeast > Drivers & Bootloaders > Driver > Audio > Realtec ALC8xx > With DSDT > ALC888b/887 > v100202 Legacy

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back