Contribute
Register

Attention ALC888B Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
:beachball: Props to hacman! :beachball:

Got sound working on a Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L running on Lion 10.7.3

I kept getting kernel panics after upgrading from 10.7 to 10.7.3 with VoodooHDA, after switching to alc887HDA a flawless update!

Robejo said:
But my wonders are, does this method work on my board? or at least, SHOULD it work?

So i can skip this loader that provides bad sound ;)

yes why not your on board audio ALC887 :thumbup:

hacman said:
Robejo said:
But my wonders are, does this method work on my board? or at least, SHOULD it work?

So i can skip this loader that provides bad sound ;)

yes why not your on board audio ALC887 :thumbup:

what happens if it doesn't? Do I need to reinstall Lion (incase of KP) or problems loading the driver, can I boot in safe mode somehow and remove the kext?

Robejo said:
hacman said:
Robejo said:
what happens if it doesn't? Do I need to reinstall Lion (incase of KP) or problems loading the driver, can I boot in safe mode somehow and remove the kext?

remove voodooHDA.kext from system \ library \ extension . open applications \ utilities \disk utilities \ repair, reboot then try :thumbup:

Wow, thanks so much - have tried just about every single different kext / combo out there.... been days of pain... but this works! Happy days!

Confirmed working on: Asus P8H67-M with ALC887b

Thanks so much!

It works like a charm!!!

Thanks a lot!

Mobo is GA-H55M-D2H with DSDT System Install

SUCCESS!!

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L

I updated to 10.7.3 and lost my audio. I used MultiBeast selecting AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities after updating to 10.7.3, but it didn't get my audio to work. I MAY have forgot to select ALC8xxHDA.

But in any case, THIS SOLUTION WORKED! THANKS!!

I have asus p5g41t-m lx plus which i have seen people get to work but im stuck.

I did your steps in the post. I see an 887 audio device in about mac but sound has no output there.

I used the vodoohda kext and that works. I just cant get mic to work. I was trying to get mic so i could use ventrillo.

for DH61ww \ voodoo 0.2.1 :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back