Contribute
Register

Attention ALC888B Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say it was the easy way out but it worked.

Worked Great!!

Thank's man!! :headbang: :clap:

Hi! good.

On spanish,translator by me :p

---------

PRIMER PASO: Eliminar cualquier driver que usted tenga,tanto Voodoo o ALC8xx. (En "extra/extension and system/library/extension)

SEGUNDO PASO: Pasar "ALC887HDA.kext" a la carpeta "extension"

TERCER PASO: Correr MultiBeast y seleccionar:
"System utilities"
"Audio/Apple HDA Rollback" y por último nuestro driver en "Non dsdt HDA enabler ALC887/888b" ,instalar y reiniciar.

¡Y ya está! usted tendrá sonido.

Agradecimientos: tony,macman y dpsuperfly.

Tonymacx86.com

I did all the steps from the 1st post. Apparently after restarting I see 2 entries for "Intel High Definition Audio" when I click on 'Audio (Built In)' and is also lists Audio ID: 887 in the same place (System Profiler). I have also checked the rest of the settings in system preferences for Audio but I still don't get any Audio from my speakers which are connected to my pc using the cable in the front port.

Now If I delete 'hdaenabler888b.kext' from system\library\extension, repair permissions and then restart. There is no entry for Audio in system profiler and the Audio icon at the top right of the screen is greyed out.

I have also tried the multibeast steps trying to install the voodoo drivers. some of them have worked but the speakers just give hissing sound. But when I try playing anything, again no sound. I have tried every voodoo driver so far and nothing has worked.

My motherboard is this: http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_S ... 5G41TM_LX/

It has Realtek ALC887 audio. Please if someone has a possible solution then let me know. I'm trying everything to get the audio working but have been failing each time.

[EDIT]: BTW I'm running Lion 10.7.2, just updated it yesterday. Everything works absolutely flawless except for the audio.

remove alc8xx.kext , apple hda .kext , alc887hda.kext and empty trash , install given kext using kext utility, reboot :thumbup:

(this is only for asus mother board )

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    160.3 KB · Views: 118
hacman said:
remove alc8xx.kext , apple hda .kext , alc887hda.kext and empty trash , install given kext using kext utility, reboot :thumbup:

(this is only for asus mother board )

I had alc related kext, applehda.kext as well as hdaenabler888b.kext hence, I deleted all those, ran kext utility after deleting all of them. Restarted the computer to make sure the audio drivers were all gone. And it was gone in fact after checking the system profiler as well as the audio icon was greyed out.

I therefore went ahead and installed your attached kext through kext utility and restarted the system once again.

Again I tried to play something to check for the audio... NO AUDIO

I checked system profiler and it says No Built-in audio.

I checked system preferences and then clicked on sound..
The OUTPUT tab has three entries: Line Out, Headphones, & SPDIF Out.
The INPUT tab has two entries: External Microphone / Line in AND External Microphone

AND when I hold the alt key and right click on the audio icon at top right it has the following entries:
Output Device:
Line Out
Headphones
SPDIF Out

Input Device:
External Microphone / Line In
External Microphone

Sound Preferences...

All in All....Still no luck, The Audio icon lets me increase or decrease the audio but, when I try to play something there is no sound. Usually when I increase audio or decrease there is some sound which lets me know that the sound is there... that also isn't there.

Any more suggestions.... i'm all ears

check the line out :)

hacman said:
check the line out :)

It's already selected

Under Output device: Line Out is selected and Under Inout Device: External Microphone / Line In is selected.

you have team viewer if yes id and password pls :D

hacman said:
you have team viewer if yes id and password pls :D

As a matter of fact i have it installed.... hold on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back