Contribute
Register

Attention ALC888B Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad it's working for you guys :D :ugeek:

Working, but with a little problem.The headphones doesn't work.

What might be the problem ?

Thanks

hacman said:
remove alc8xx.kext , apple hda .kext , alc887hda.kext and empty trash , install given kext using kext utility, reboot :thumbup:

(this is only for asus mother board )

thank you hacman, s o u n d :headbang:

Hi hacman..I have problem with my sound alc887..I've removed alc8xx, run alc887hda.kext and enable alc887/888b in multibeast like in page 1..it worked with first line out but when i wanna use SPDIF Optical, it didnt work..can u help me..thx u very much..:(

Wow, thanks Hacman :thumbup: , I've been fighting very hard to get audio back for 2 days after updating to 10.7.3 on a gygabite g41m es2l which has the ALC887, simple Apple HDA rollback didn't worked as in previous updates, it only showed the sources on system info, but no on preferences

I tried every kext combination posible I even deleted and reinstalled AppleAVBAudio and IOAudioFamily to no avail, it seems to me the culprit is ALC8xx, but I'm not shure.

Have you ever figured out a solution to this, as I'm fighting the very same battle.

I followed your exact guide and my audio was recognized by system as 887 but it still is scratchy, any way to fix this??
Also, this is off topic but, when ever i try to boot straight from disk i get
Boot0:Gpt
Boot0:error
Any way to fix this?
Thank you!

System:
Snow leopard: 10.6.8
GA-h61-ds2
i5-2500
Patriot g2 series 2x4 Gb
Barracuda st2000dm001 2tb (partition to under one)
Optical: Lg gh24ns50

EDIT: for some reason when i run minecraft in the background the audio drastically improves?

"Boot0:error", your disk is WD 1T? Change the disk to Seagate or Hitachi.

Im not so into this, just bought myself a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V

and using a VoodooLoader to load the voodoohda.kext as pointed out in
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49387&start=0

(that thread is about sound on GA-H61MA-D3V)

But my wonders are, does this method work on my board? or at least, SHOULD it work?

So i can skip this loader that provides bad sound ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back